Richmond, British Columbia
Title: Systems Engineer
Richmond, BC (Onsite)
Systems Engineer role:
We are hiring a Systems Engineer with a strong background in advanced product development (Power Conversion and Energy Management with IoT) to join the Solar + Storage + EVSE team.
What will you do?
• Plan and execute validation of products against requirements (PV inverters, batteries, EV chargers and other energy management equipment) in an R&D lab and field setting
• Produce documentation on discovered bugs and issues
• Perform troubleshooting, root cause analysis and subsequent issue management
• Coordinate resolution and verification with project teams
• Plan and develop test infrastructure
• Collaborate with internal and external teams to develop and improve hardware and software components of the solar, batteries and EV chargers including interfaces, control algorithms etc.
• Support development of functional requirements and features, translating them into technical requirements that can be referenced by multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
• Communicate with engineers to update/modify documentation to maintain accurate representation of deliverables; Use tracking tools such as Confluence and JIRA to capture changes
What qualifications will make you successful?
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field (e.g., Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Engineering Physics, Computer Science, Controls Engineering).
• 3+ years of Design Engineer and 2+ years of System Engineer experience (total 5+) in systems design and ownership of product, systems, and/or complex IoT offers.
• Proven record of working in fast-paced product development environment, team player, say what you mean – mean what you say
• Experience working in cross-functional multi-disciplinary R&D environments
• Strong knowledge of AC circuits (complex analysis, harmonics, 3-phase circuits and their decomposition, control schemes etc.)
• Experience with AC, DC sources, electronic loads, batteries
• Experience with measurement tools: oscilloscopes, power analyzers, CAN analyzers
• Experience Communication networks (CAN, Modbus, Ethernet etc.) and corresponding protocols
• Basic coding and scripting skills (C, Python)
• Experience testing and troubleshooting Cloud APIs
• Demonstrated systematic approach to testing execution, troubleshooting, and problem solving with familiarity debugging complex systems