North York, Ontario
Railway Signaling software integration / CBTC Software Integration projects
Consulting Industry – Transportation sector
Key Areas / Key Skills:
Railway Signaling – CBTC Software Integration projects
Communication Based Train Control Software
Systems Design, Systems Integration, Systems Engineering
System Engineers are involved in all stages of product lifecycle from initial capture of the customer requirements through development and finally, deployment to the customer. The System Engineer is part of the System Engineering team and will report directly to the Manager and/or Director of Systems Engineering. The ideal candidate has a general working knowledge of CBTC systems and applications, connectivity systems and applications, and ground networks. Candidate must demonstrate strong System Engineering knowledge, best practices and industry standards.
System Engineer will be involved in all phases of the development lifecycle with focus on defining requirements and solution. As such The System Engineer in CBTC is responsible for defining, analysis and troubleshooting parts or a segment of the system as part of the new product development effort. The System Engineer might serve as a technical lead on the project and support the system through deployment.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Write and decompose system requirements and define the best method for verification.
- Troubleshoot the system and provide suggestions or solutions
- Develop conceptual design and models
- Perform scientific analysis and predictive modeling to measure design outcomes
- Write technical responses for customers
- Break down complex problems into smaller portions for simplicity and analysis
- Influence and reach consensus with cross functional team and stakeholders
- Building technical expertise in part or entire portion of the System
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or computer science
- Minimum 4-6 years of relevant experience
- Software and/or Hardware development design experience
- Proficient in the use of Jira and other issue tracking software
- Proficient in the use of Jama for requirement management or other requirement management tools (i.e. DOORS)
- Knowledge of CBTC (Communication based train control) systems and designs
- Self-motivated, critical thinker with strong curiosity to learn
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent technical presentation skills
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Automated control design and development systems
ALTEN PROEX (Engineering and Technology Consulting Services)
Within 30 years, ALTEN has become leader in R&D, Engineering, Information Technology Services, Life Sciences and Network Services with 37,000 consultants working in more than 28 countries. Our consultants carry out complex and highly technical projects throughout the value chain of the most prestigious companies in all sectors of industry and services including Information Systems , IT Automation, Telecommunications, Manufacturing, Life Sciences, Energy, Automotive, Rail and Transportation, Aerospace and Defense, and more.
Please quote Job ID Reference Number: "System Engineer – Rail Signaling/CBTC Software"Postule pour ce poste