Software Quality Assurance and Automation Test Engineer – ADAS
Job title: Software Quality Assurance and Automation Test Engineer – ADAS
Localization: Markham, ON
Automotive, test automation frameworks, tool development and scripting, Python/C/C++
The successful candidate will join in the Front Camera Module Controller Systems Team (FCM – CST) in ADAS organization. The selected candidate shall provide technical expertise to QA team and must have a strong sense of quality ownership. The candidate
must have proven expertise in development and deployment of test automation strategies for Embedded systems, preferably automotive electronic controller units.
• Define test and automation strategy for Front Camera Module and develop effective test execution plan aligned to vehicle program milestone.
• Be an expert on automation tools, techniques and methodologies.
• Working as an individual contributor, be participative in ADAS organization’s test automation strategy.
• Develop test tools and test scripts to automate testing effort.
• Participate in the continuous improvement of test processes and methodologies, and support with hands on manual testing of SW algorithms that run on the FCM.
Required Skills and Experiences:
• 3+ years of test automation experience in embedded systems or automotive industry
• Strong experience with test automation frameworks, tool development and scripting
• Solid knowledge of software quality assurance methodologies and tools
• Expertise on IBM Rational Tools such as RTC and RQM is preferred
• Basic programming skills in common languages, such as Python/C/C++
• Experience with batch or shell scripting, knowledge of Jenkins and Git ecosystem.
• Knowledge of Scrum/Agile software development process
• Experience with vehicle communication network protocols (CAN, Ethernet, LIN etc.) as a plus
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Strong problem-solving, analytical, coordination, and interpersonal skills
Preferred Skills and Experiences:
• Understanding of major automotive vehicle systems such as Advanced Driver-Assistance (ADAS), Motion Control, Automotive Network, and Powertrain
• Experience with API programming of commonly used automotive debugging tools CANalyzer, VehicleSpy etc.
• Docker or containerization experience
• Experience with SAFe methodologies
• Experience with CI / CD pipelines
• Exposure to the Adaptive AUTOSAR service-based vehicle platform
Education and Training:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, or related field
4-7 years of relevant experience.