Signalling Project Co-ordinator
The Signalling System Project Coordinator will be within the Rail and Systems team and will report to the Project Manager for this discipline and assist in the day-to-day activities required for the delivery of the Signalling System package within the allotted Time and Budget, with due level of Quality and Safety and in compliance with the contract and any applicable requirements.
The role includes coordination of the design with the construction requirements, follow-up on all activities including manufacturing, factory testing, transport, delivery, storage, installation and Testing & Commissioning (T&C) for the discipline, ensure proper integration with the interfacing and overarching systems, handover activities as well as follow-through on the post construction activities such as performance demonstration during the defect notification period, until the final handover of the work package.
• Retrieve progress from SIG
• Track progress for design, ICDs, RFIs, procurement, installation and other relevant KPIs
• Review the subcontractor(s) documents and administer the Aconex review process with the relevant parties: lead designer, RAMS, Quality, T&C, etc.
• Package the subcontractor(s) documents for submission to the EOR/City
• Organise with the subcontractor(s) and the City the Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) events as required in Canada and abroad. Attend the FAT if needed.
• Review and follow through the subcontractor(s) and Installer’s schedules, both main schedules and 3 week look-ahead
• Work with the MIP Installation team to ensure that Field Change Requests (FCR) that arise get answered timely
• Coordinate field activities between Signalling and Interfaced systems (internals and externals)
• Follow applicable safety policies and procedures and enforce their application by subcontractor(s) and direct reports.
• As the project progresses beyond the construction phase, the role will transition to:
o T&C-related tasks such as:
? Coordination of the pre-installation tests of the SIG equipment in MIP staging facilities, with the subcontractor(s) test team and coordinators of at least COMMS and TSC (Traffic Signal Control) packages
? reviewing Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) and System Integration Testing (SIT) procedures and witnessing the execution of SATs and SITs
o Track the Non-Conformity Reports (NCR) and seek for their resolution
o Coordinate the final close-out / turnover documentation: O&M manuals, training manuals, as-builts, spare parts lists and deliveries, and warranty certificates
The candidate will also have to contribute and/or follow up on a number of tasks regarding sub-contractors, procurement and delivery of materials, and other duties as assigned.
• Attained a bachelor’s degree in engineering, technology or computer science (or work experience in a related field)
• Broad technical knowledge and project coordinating experience (min. 3 years) in Signalling Systems on railways projects: TCS (Interlocking), TRPS, ATP, CTC, TWC, etc.
• Experience in Tram or LRT lines is a plus.
• Knowledge of Traffic Control systems is a plus
• General understanding of interfaces: system to system; system to facility; system to Light Rail Vehicle (LRV) etc.
• Excellent communications and problem-solving skills; ability to recognize and analyze gaps; and a team player
• English proficiency is mandatory (reading / writing / speaking) – French is a plus
• AFP / PPP / P3 construction project work experience is an asset
• PMP or Prince 2 certification is a plus