Richmond, British Columbia
Senior Electrical Product Design Engineer
Role: Senior Electrical Product Designer
Localization: Richmond, BC
We are seeking a talented Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join the our Solar + Storage team.
Our team is focused on designing the next generation of electro-mechanical solutions to serve prosumers in their residential storage and solar needs. The successful Electrical Engineer will join our R&D team in our Richmond, BC location to collaboratively bring high-quality and innovative designs from concept to customer.
We are looking for a positive, self-motivated, passionate person with a strong desire to work in an exciting, fast-paced, team-based design environment to help us develop next-generation technologies to empower and connect our products to each other and our customers.
If you are interested in renewable energy systems, solar energy, energy storage, and have strong aspirations for both solo and collaborative product development, and are excited about contributing to a world-class product, then this is the position for you.
Senior Electrical Design Engineer Responsibilities:
• Support electrical design throughout the engineering process from initial concept to final production release
• Design electrical hardware through creation of single line diagrams, circuit diagrams, component selection & simulations
• Support PCB layout and collaborate with mechanical and firmware engineers to successfully develop and validate the design
• Build prototypes, develop test plans, perform, and support electrical tests (Board bring up, DVT EMI/EMC), and analyze data to optimize the designs for performance, size, cost, manufacturability, and reliability
• Lead the PCBA, system troubleshooting & design change activities
• Support the installation and maintenance of the electrical prototypes
• Support quality team for various reliability analyses (DMA, MTBF, THB, critical component)
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
• 8+ years of experience related to Electrical engineering, including design, testing, estimates, and troubleshooting
• Strong power electronics skills with hands-on experience with AC Systems (Split phase 240V, 60Hz) and low voltage DC systems
• Hands on experience in Analog and Digital circuit designs
• Hands-on experience with schematic design software with preference for PADS & OrCAD
• Experienced with UL certification, National Electrical Code, and IEC standards