Senior Desktop Technician – Service Desk
Desktop Technician – Service Desk
Federal Security Clearance eligibility
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Desktop Technician is the senior technical resource on the Service Desk team. This position acts as a senior technical resource that is able to solve complex problems for the department and the company. They act as an escalation point for issues that cannot be resolved by junior members of the Service Desk team.
• Troubleshoot problems associated with common desktop operating systems, custom and purchased software applications, and computer hardware and peripheral devices.
• Monitor and document Level 2 incidents in the service management tool and act as a senior level 2 escalation point for more difficult issues faced by junior members of the team.
• Deploy desktop, laptop, and workstation class computers to the user community using common deployment and configuration tools.
• Administration of cloud applications, including Office 365.
• Contact external vendors, suppliers, and relevant corporate authorities when required to diagnose and solve PC and related software and hardware problems.
• Works with external vendors to adopt and implement new technology.
• Maintains productive relationships with peers and management in IT and the clients whose issues are being worked on.
• Identify and recommend improvements to technical and process issues.
• Interfaces with other business units to diagnose issues and plan improvements in service.
• Mentor and train less experiences technicians.
• Document team level processes and procedures.
• Lead and execute team level projects to completion on time.
• Research, recommend, and implement new technology solutions.
• Suggest ways to improve process and procedures. (Continuous Improvement)
• Test and evaluate new products, both internal and external.
• College diploma or equivalent work experience
• IT Certifications, including ITIL certifications are an asset
• Experience supporting remote workers.
• Minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
• Bilingualism (English & French) is an essential.
• Strong analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Strong knowledge of IT applications/systems and tools.
• Advanced knowledge of Windows operating systems, including Windows 7 and Windows 10.
• High degree of familiarity with SCCM and Windows Imaging and deployment technologies (WDS, MDT) would be an asset.
• Knowledge of a variety of end-user hardware, including a variety of PC models, laptops, printers, scanners, Apple devices.
• Knowledge regarding security procedures, endpoint protection, password compliancy and VPN technology.
• Familiar with ITSM and best practises regarding service management.
• Knowledge of Windows Servers, Active Directory, and networking in a corporate environmentPostule pour ce poste