Intermediate ASIC Developer
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Remote Possible?: Yes ( Hybrid )
Experience Level: 2-5
Our Exciting Opportunity
This position is located in Ottawa, in the Radio Products Canada FPGA/ASIC Development team. The successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be RTL design and verification of Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) blocks for new multi-standard radio base station products for 5G, LTE, W-CDMA, and GSM networks.
• Define functional specifications for ASIC blocks.
• Model and implement fixed-point digital signal processing functions.
• Write RTL code, perform functional simulation, debugging, synthesis, and power estimation.
• Collaborate with Systems and ASIC Verification teams in a multi-site project.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of products, tools and processes.
To be successful in the role you must have
• 2-5 years of industry experience and a proven track record of successfully delivering many complex RTL designs targeting large FPGAs/ASICs.
• Deep knowledge of SystemVerilog, Verilog, and VHDL.
• Familiarity with current ASIC development tools.
• Experience in functional simulation using modern verification techniques such as UVM and Assertion Based Verification.
• Skills in using scripting languages and tools (Python, Perl, TCL, Make).
• An Analytical mindset and be results oriented with the ability to deliver under pressure.
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
• High self-motivation, an ability to work independently, while being a great teammate.
• Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing, DSP modeling, and hardware realizations.
• Mathematical analysis experience using Matlab or similar.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar. Advanced degree preferred.
• Knowledge of wireless systems and 3GPP specifications.