North York, Ontario
Scientist III (Scientific)
Location: North York (Hybrid)
The candidate will support and work closely with the Lead Upstream Scientist working on the development of an upstream process for propagating a CL3 biological organism as well as assist in some seed management activities at the Toronto site under the Centers of Expertise platform in Manufacturing Technology. Specifically, this role encompasses:
• Generation of protocols and reports for the feasibility studies occurring in BSL3 laboratory.
• Coordinating activity in the lab with multiple teams for upstream studies and execution of the pilot runs.
• Assists in planning and execution of right-the-first-time implementation of Purified Protein Derivative (PPD) Master Powder in Manufacturing & Supply (M&S) GMP environment.
• Provides scientific input during trouble shooting in pilot stages and GMP manufacturing stages
• Provide technical assistance to manufacturing and quality operations for seed process/testing troubleshooting, and health authority inspections to achieving site metrics (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Involvement, and Strategy).
• Assist in the planning and execution of seed manufacturing to ensure the physical availability, quality and compliance of seed lots and cell to be used in production at the Toronto site.
- Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Bioengineering degree with a minimum of 3 years of industrial experience.
- Good knowledge of vaccines/biologics, Quality principles, and GMP.
- Demonstrated expertise in upstream processes and process industrialization/ Knowledge of upstream bacterial culture techniques as well as cell and viral growth.
- Excellent verbal and technical writing skills.
- Working knowledge of Project Management or PMP certification is an advantage.