Quality Control Technician
Quality Control Technician (CGSB PT II Cert. Preferred)
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada.
– Perform quality control duties on projects / sites including:
– Perform monitoring of processes via MITPs.
– Ensure procedures are adhered to during project execution.
-Maintain quality program integrity during project execution.
– Compile and maintain training records in web-based database.
-Perform NDE related responsibilities on projects including but not limited to direct and indirect visual weld inspection.
– Perform material receipt and in-process inspections to ensure compliance to
ASME BPVC Sec III standards.
– Assist with the review and completion of Work Packages.
– Assist with procedure and MITP reviews.
– Participate in training of trades and other quality control technicians
– Shift work is expected during project execution. Qualifications:
– Post-secondary NDE / Quality Technologist diploma or related education.
– CGSB Liquid Penetrant Level 2 Certified or in progress.
– CGSB Level 2 Certification in other NDE methods would be an asset.
– CWB Level 1 or 2 Certification would be an asset.
– Excellent Microsoft windows, excel, word, and web based program skills.
– A NDE background with a solid knowledge of all NDE process is an asset.
– Familiar with the ASME Code would be an asset.
– Extensive site work/travel (up to 70%).
– Comfortable working in confined space situations.
– Comfortable working in a radiation environment.
– Willing to work nights, weekends and Statutory Holidays.
– Willing to work in excess of 70 hours per week.
– Must be able to work independently or in a group atmosphere.