Mechanical Project Engineer
Location: Tiverton, Ontario (On-Site)
- Provide technical support and oversight during planning, development, execution and commissioning of plant modifications.
- Be knowledgeable of the technical and quality requirements (ex. Pressure Boundary) and the regulatory codes and standards applicable to the discipline, used in the preparation and review of work procedures such as; Work coordination plans, commissioning plans and reports.
- Interface with internal contacts within PMC programs and site engineering, operations, maintenance departments etc. and support communications with external regulatory agencies, contract service providers, manufacturers, etc. in alignment with approved designs and supply chain processes
- Requires strong technical writing skills for preparing specifications, work instructions, asset management documents, and planning documents.
- Ability to interface effectively with Plant Operations, Plant Engineering, Maintenance, other technical staff, Regulators and other stakeholders. Ability to interact positively with others by developing trust, mutual respect and cooperative working relationships.
- Requires experience to solve problems, to provide advice and guidance, to initiate developmental studies and to make recommendations during the design, commissioning and operation of a nuclear facility; to evaluate components or materials,and to perform economic studies and evaluations associated with the design
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- 5 years+ experience in the energy sector with involvement in piping systems
- Completion of a 4 year University degree in Engineering.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) within the Province of Ontario is an assert
- Must be able to obtain Federal security clearance.
- Previous nuclear or Bruce Power experience is considered an asset.