Mechanical Engineer – Intermediate – Nuclear
Title: Mechanical Engineer – Intermediate – Nuclear
Location: Kincardine, Ontario, Canada
Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
Employment Type: Contract
We are currently looking for an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer for our Power Division. As a fully qualified professional engineer, you will work under the general supervision of a senior engineer; perform responsible and varied engineering assignments.
• Responsible for the specification, sizing of equipment, and the inter-connection to ensure satisfactory process performance
• Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID)
• Datasheet/Technical specification of process equipment
• Support on the general arrangement of the process
• Validation of subcontractors’ documents
• Start-up notes and O&M manuals
• Uses initiative and judgement in resolving problems, interprets engineering specifications, obtaining and analyzing data and design
• Develop effective working relationship with colleagues, officials and associates for the purpose of discussing design problems, explaining design features and specification and other project control criteria
• Solve problems by use of combinations of standard procedures, modifications of standard procedures or methods developed in previous assignments.
• Conducts independent studies and analysis making interpretation and typical decisions
• Exercises independent judgement in selecting and interpreting information, handling deviations from standard methods and resolving difficulties
• Preparation and/or verification of procurement activities and deliverables.
• Prepare purchase requisition, review technical content of supplier bids and technical submissions
• Perform any required inspections as necessary for procurement of material.
• Provides guidance to junior engineers and technical staff assigned to a common task
• On occasions, gets involved in the tendering and the construction phase to provide support to the commissioning engineers during the start-up and the performance tests of the plants.
• University graduate in a related discipline
• 7+ years of related working experience in a design consulting environment
• Must be capable of using flow analysis and pipe stress analysis software
• Working experience as a Mechanical Engineer in an EPC environment, working on nuclear, power or utilities projects is considered an asset.
• Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng) in Ontario
• Specific knowledge in piping, and specifically alloyed piping in terms of definition, specification, calculation, sourcing, prefabrication and assembly will be considered an asset
• Working knowledge of Facilities and HVAC design would also be considered an asset
• Knowledge of related disciplines, i.e. Civil/Structural, Electrical and Instrumentation/Controls is required
• Must be able to obtain a federal security clearance
• Should be able and willing to occasionally travel to other office locations and client sites/locations as required
• Demonstrate ability to be flexible, adaptable and work under tight schedules in a fast-paced environment
• Might require to be based out of client office.
• OPG or Bruce Power experience is considered an asset.