ITV Consultant – Rail experience an asset
Senior ITV (integration/test/verification) Consultant
Toronto, ON – Full REMOTE during Covid.
MUST HAVE/ Core expertise:
Testing SW requirement, Test specification writing, experience with safety critical system projects
ASSET Skills/ Expertise:
Rail background is a strong asset, but NOT mandatory
The primary responsibility of the Senior ITV (integration/test/verification) is as follows:
- high complexity functional design and integration in-house and on site. The ITV consultant will define the integration/test/verification strategy.
- Reviews the complex system design artifacts to create integration and test objectives to ensure the function is adequately tested
- Defines the requirements and oversees the development and build of the ITV campaigns for in-house verification
- Defines the requirements and oversees the development of test scenarios and bust-it procedures
- Work with the management closely to bridge the technical discipline and business disciple to achieve the common goals for the organization
The Senior ITV (integration/test/verification) Consultant technically responsible for the integration/test/verification activities under the product group. He/she works with the other Engineering departments and works to ensure that the platform integration, processes, and tools are sufficient to meet the needs of our current and future projects.
- Senior ITV (integration/test/verification on the CBTC product portfolio
- Create and maintains all documentation related to the product ITV activities
- Act as the gate to start ITV activities, will assess and assign a metric of confidence on the CBTC solution at the conclusion of the ITV activities
- Act as the feedback loop for any issues that make it through the factory to the site to improve the integration process in the next iteration
- Work with the ITV team to understand downstream validation activities and to increase upstream detection capabilities.
- Develop test scenarios for complex functions and verify test scenarios being generated by the department.
- Stays current with technology by attending workshops and through self-learning and experimentation.
- Reviews the software development cycle periodically to evaluate the applicability of new development strategies such as Agile etc.
- Defines the technical roadmaps and preliminary schedule for each project ITV efforts
- Mentors and coaches junior members of the team and helps them develop their technical expertise
- Focal point for technical interface into the other technical departments, will sit on any cross functional workgroups/committees
Core expertise: Testing SW requirement, Test specification writing, experience with safety critical system projects
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, System Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a closely related field
- Expert knowledge in test on hardware platforms and maintenance
- Expert knowledge in test on the infrastructure elements
- Meticulous evidence based decision making and engineering approach to problem solving.
- Expert Knowledge of Engineering risk and decision making process
- Background: Rail background is NOT mandatory here, but could be an asset
Asset Skills include:
- Expert knowledge in test on the wayside controller (Rail)
- Expert knowledge in test on the vehicle controller (Rail)
- Expert knowledge in test on the central controller (Rail)
- CBTC product knowledge
- Expert knowledge of railway signaling techniques
- Knowledge of CBTC solution deployment and working within site constraints