, Nova Scotia
Electronic / Electrical Engineer
Remote Possible : Yes
Employment Type: Contract
Experience Level: 5 – 8
Ideally we would be looking for the candidate to be able to come on site flexibly approx. 2-3 days per week
• To interpret Systems level needs and requirements, to decompose and flow them down into hardware requirements.
• Conduct electronics design and development activities, covering full system, sub-system and individual board design.
• Ensure that the technical solution meets the agreed hardware requirements, legislative and business requirements.
• To identify and resolve qualification, certification and safety issues.
• Review project technical documentation, including: Requirements Specifications, Design Documents, Interface Specifications and Acceptance Test.
• Raise change requests as required and implement any approved change orders.
• To support risk identification and mitigation activities.
• Liaising with customers and suppliers as required.
• Potentially overseeing initial test and integration including formal testing.
Skills, Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or a relevant subject, additionally Chartered status or Professional Registration is desirable.
• Experience of the whole product lifecycle within a defence environment and/or airborne/naval system qualification.
• Knowledge of Engineering best practices, methodologies, processes and tools.
• Knowledge of Electrical Safety (CSA, UL, CE), EMC (IEC/FCC) standards and design principles. Experience/knowledge of SIL (IEC 61508-1) Functional Safety is also desirable.
• General related design experience with any of the following: Fiber Optic, Ethernet, SERDES, ATM, SONET and Sonar applications.
• Expert user of one or more PMRP and ECAD tools (ORCAD is desirable, but all others will be considered).
• Self-motivated, adaptable to change, proactive, diligent and excellent inter-personal skills.
• Flexible working arrangements can be made, but the successful candidate must be able to travel to as and when required by the project.
• Eligible for NATO Reliability and NATO Secret (or NATO Reliability and Secret).