North York, Ontario
- The incumbent executes automation engineering activities. This position is responsible to lead as the automation subject matter expert and manage development, concept, design, commissioning, qualification of automation systems.
- The incumbent is also responsible for developing appropriate solutions to satisfy the needs of internal customers in accordance with company guidelines and procedures. The incumbent is accountable for acting and involved in producing designs and then implementing the designs (commissioning and qualification post installation) according to SPL best practices.
- Directly support operations with troubleshooting and issue resolution with respect to computer and automation systems. In-depth technical knowledge on automation systems ranging from DeltaV (PCS) to Rockwell and Siemens PLC
- 5+ years, direct of experience in applied automation design engineering and project experience are required. Additional experience in construction/installation, equipment start-up, qualification and/or validation is mandatory
- Working knowledge of PLC’s and automation in DCS platform
- Expert with the DeltaV system (biotech company or project)
- Working knowledge of unit operations typically used in biotech and vaccine manufacturing such as bulk manufacturing, downstream operations, formulation, steaming (SIP) and cleaning (CIP)
- Must understand the relationship between Good Manufacturing Practices, industry standards and their application to the manufacturing process.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external team members is essential
- Strong analytical skills (engineering analysis)
- Experience with one of the following platforms: Allen Bradley PLC, BMS System, OSISoft PI historian, Werum PAS|X, Instrumentation and control panel hardware as required by the job.
- Experience with computer systems validation practices (GAMP).
- Experience authoring and reviewing standard operating procedures, on-the-job-trainings, and other controlled documents.