Richnmond Hill, Ontario
Conversation Designer – VUI
Voice User Interface (VUI) Designer
Richmond Hill- Hybrid
• Voice User Interface (VUI) Designer – Conversational IVR will be responsible for Voice User Interface, conversation experience, and voice interaction.
• Voice User Interface (VUI) Designer will be part of a large transformational program team that will enable many lines of business in the enterprise.
• Voice User Interface (VUI) Designer Create seamless and natural interactions for IVR focusing on human language, conversations, and interactions
• Voice User Interface (VUI) Designer Write content for IVR based on business requirements for Virtual assistants, bots, and other conversational interfaces/applications
• Review technical deliverables for quality throughout detailed design and development phase, identify gaps or redesign as needed.
• Deliver effective and efficient solutions by meeting milestones and ensuring project deliverables are on time, within budget, and adhere to the corporate quality and security standards.
• Conduct code reviews to address quality, standards compliance, reusability, and ease of maintenance, Operational Readiness Reviews, and support gating and review sign-offs for solution design.
• Develop, implement, support, and improve solutions/processes that maximize system availability, efficiency/ effectiveness and minimize/prevent problems/ issues
• Collaborate and interact directly with design, business, and technology partners. Covers technical planning, integration, systems analysis, design, development, unit and component systems testing, and support-maintenance
• Assist testing teams in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing
• Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate (Graduate degree preferred)
• 2+ years relevant experience in designing VUI preferably in the Contact Center domain
• 5 years of experience with a proven track record of requirements gathering (functional, non-functional, and technical) and design thinking for technology implementations in the Contact Center domain
• Extensive experience in flow designing, linguistics, and building conversations around use cases
• Working experience with Natural Language Understanding (NLU) tools and products (Google, Nuance, Microsoft, IBM, Amazon, etc..), analysis of speech, speech repair and fine-tuning of NLU
• An understanding of workflow-based logic and the ability to both understand a business process from a workflow diagram, and to illustrate a written process description as a workflow diagram
• In-depth knowledge of Telephony platforms (Genesys, Cisco), IVR, Genesys PureEngage, Google Dialogflow, Speech Recognition, Text-to-Speech applications, PBX integration, ACD, Skill Routing, and CTI for Agent desktop
• Working knowledge of AWS, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure.
• Familiarity with tools like JIRA, Cyara, and Confluence
• Experience working within a large-scale Enterprise environment (preferably financial industry)
• Experience and comfort level acting as a subject matter expert and consultant.
• Hands-on experience with various SDLC including waterfall, agile and extreme methodologies
• Readiness and motivation to work autonomously in a lead capacity on a diverse range of activities (e.g. design, support of technical business solutions)
• Strength in identifying root causes and implementing targeted and controlled remediation plans
• Self-motivated team player with high energy and ability to work independently as well as within a team
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential