Windows Build Engineer
Windows Build Engineer
Workplace Model – Hybrid
The Employee Enablement Engineering team is responsible for providing Innovation, Design, Execution and Maintenance solutions for a variety of technology products.
As the Employee Enablement organization prepares to launch the future productivity platforms leveraging Windows 10 and 11, macOS, and Mobile platforms, there is a need for expertise in modern operating systems and their management at a large-scale, enterprise level, with a focus on reliability and security while maintaining aggressive update cycles. We are seeking a Platform Engineer to architect, develop, and implement such solutions. This role will involve architectural design, evaluation of and integration with modern endpoint management systems, and design of control and security policies. It will also require deep familiarity with platform system internals, and root-cause analysis. The candidate will also work with internal support areas, data security risk and control teams, business technical support teams, and external vendors.
• Define, engineer, and design Enterprise-wide Windows-based end-user platforms and their corresponding management policies and infrastructure
• Define, engineer, and design support and control mechanisms for all such platforms
• Assess and select product capabilities and features, ensure multiple technologies are not providing overlapping capabilities, driving down technology complexity, and driving cost reductions
• Create high level design documents, including estimated hardware, detailed program specifications, and resourcing costs
• Interface with the security controls and risk teams.
• Provide 3rd level consultation requests and support
Mandatory Technical Skills:
• Deep systems internal knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, particularly Windows 10/11
• Deep knowledge of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Build Automation
• Experience with Microsoft Intune, Office 365 and Azure
• Advanced scripting skills and knowledge of Windows PowerShell
• Experience with modern Remote Access VPN solutions
• Organized, self-motivated with the ability to work in a team
• Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and documentation skills
• BS in computer science or a related field
Nice to Have:
• Knowledge of Enterprise Mobility Management solutions, both Mobile Device Management and Mobile Application Management
• Experience with macOS, and Linux operating systems.
• Knowledge of Active Directory, ADFS, Azure AD
• Programming languages including C++, C#, .NET Framework, Visual Studio IDE
• Familiarity with RESTful web-based APIs
Our Advisor for this position
Talent Acquisition Manager
the benefits of