Title: Systems Engineer
SUMMARY OF DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES (Project Background): Spacecraft constellation, Communication payload processing, communications for non terrestrial applications…etc.
Provide RF and Electrical Space Systems design, System performance analysis, then implementation and testing in support of Telecommunication advanced communication payloads for non-terrestrial applications.
• The Payload Telecommunication specialist provides both payload architecture design and RF system performance analysis and performance budgets (i.e capacity, Gain, G/T, EIRP….) during the payload life cycle, including bids, requirement definitions, project implementation, testing phases along with R&D activities in support of payload or processes improvement.
• Provide support to and/or lead payload design activities.
• Participate in the Payload electrical and RF System performance evaluation.
• Write engineering documentations: system requirements, SOC, verification and validation matrix, design description, systems budgets, equipment specifications, test requirements, RFD/RFW.
• Perform system worst-case analysis, inputs and support to program reviews: EQSR, SRR, PDR, CDR.
• Payload assembly Integration and Test. Attend test reviews: TRR, TRB, DRB, and NCR’s.
• Support Payload testing: EGSE, Test supervision, data analysis.
• Support Satellite tests at S/C supplier premises.
• Support In-Orbit Test (IOT).
• Technical monitoring of major subcontractors: Receivers, LNAs, Converters, SSPAs, LTWTAs, Multiplexers.
• Support to DC & RF harness design, Payload layout.
• Write up Payload Operations Manual.
• BSc in electrical engineering and 4-7 years minimum experience in Telecommunications Satellite Payloads in the satellite industry or equivalent.
The following knowledge will be considered favourably:
o Familiarity in Direct Radiating Array (DRA) Antenna with multiple active elements
o Familiarity digital signal processing
o Familiarity of the DVB-S2X and DVB-RCS2 air interface standards and their applications.
o Familiarity with Digital MODEM, Digital Channelizer and Digital Beam Forming performance requirements
o Familiarity with Network Switching protocols (Ethernet, DTN, MPLS) for non-terrestrial applications
o Familiarity with Payload AI&T activities and Payload test methods
o RF Communication System modelling and simulation experience
o Familiarity with digital communication interfaces such as Spacewire, CANBus
• English required, French fluency would be an asset.
• Canadian citizen or permanent resident is preferred