System Safety Engineer
Location: Halifax ( Dartmouth, NS) preferred but open for Remote work anywhere with 2 hours time zone difference in Canada
Need to have reliability clearance and eligible to NATO clearance under 1 year
The Senior System Engineer (Safety) will play an important role in a multi-disciplinary project team developing new and innovative solutions.
The Senior System Engineer (Safety) will work within the Systems Team to evaluate risks and hazards associated with the operation and maintenance of complex underwater warfare systems. To do this, the Safety Engineer needs to be familiar with how the system operates (or is proposed to operate), how similar systems could fail and general hazards associated with this type of system. They also may act as Project Engineer on nominated projects, providing engineering leadership to multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Oversight, review and development of project level safety and environmental plans including the following:
- Preliminary Hazard List;
- Preliminary Hazard Analysis;
- System Requirements Hazard Analysis;
- Subsystem Hazard Analysis;
- System Hazard Analysis;
- Operating and Support Hazard Analysis;
- Health Hazard Analysis;
- Functional Hazard Analysis;
- System-of-Systems Hazard Analysis;
- Environmental Hazard Analysis;
- Coordinating and facilitating safety and environmental hazard and risk reviews.
- Collating of safety and environmental feedback for reporting.
- Contributing to company safety and environmental management
- Promoting a culture of product safety and environmental awareness through briefings and project meetings.
- Providing safety and environmental subject matter expert support to bids.
- Subject matter expert in at least one of MIL-STD-882C, DEF-STAN 00-56 or IEC 61508
- Systems Safety Engineering process definition
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Physics, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of System Safety Engineering
- Ability to work on Canadian Controlled Goods and US ITAR controlled articles
- Candidate must be capable of acquiring a NATO Reliability and Secret security clearance
- Familiarity and working experience with at least one of MIL-STD-882C, DEF-STAN 00-56 / 00-056 or IEC 61508
- Knowledge of the System Engineering lifecycle
- Willing to conduct Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Willingness to work within an interdisciplinary team and manage the perspectives of other disciplines
- Willing to identify the need for, and conduct trade studies to evaluate different potential solutions
- Willingness to play a significant role in defining the System Design, through system safety analysis
Our Advisor for this position
Talent Acquisition Manager
the benefits of