Solutions Architect – Industrial Applications
Remote Possible?: Yes
Duration: 12 months with extensions
Experience Level: 5 – 8years.
Founded in 1971 and headquartered in Canada, Client’s mission is to be a global leader in delivering industrial automation solutions.
- Design, customize, and monitor the implementation of enterprise SCADA control center solutions that fulfill customer’s operational performance needs.
- Create architecture solution design deliverables consistent with the Solution Architecture Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Review customers’ existing systems and recommend design improvements.
- Perform comprehensive reviews of solution artifacts such as design reports and interface communication documents.
- Assist software application developers and other project resources defining specific solution components with technical issues and decisions consistent with architecture standards and plans.
- Raise project risks when project solutions deviate from the original plan.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of the processes and tools used by client to manage the enterprise architecture.
- Engage with software development, IT operations personnel, and other subject matter experts .
- Facilitate internal and customer meetings.
- Work with sales teams on the development of technical solution bids and quotes .
- Travel to the customer site may be required from time to time.
- BSc in Engineering, Computer Science, or comparable area of studies – or equivalent.
- Skilled in system design and delivery methodology (TOGAF, IEC15288, or equivalent.
- Leadership and presentation skills to explain and guide the development team to implement the overall vision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work with different clients.
- Analytical, problem solving and computational skills.
- Proven multitasking skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Experience building enterprise applications.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity and how it is applied to enterprise systems.
- Experience in electrical power distribution systems, pipelines, metro rail.
- SQL and No-SQL databases (Redis, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, SQLite).
- Streaming technologies (Kafka, Redis Streams).
- UNIX based operating systems (RedHat, CentOS).
- Messaging Queues (MQTT, RabbitMQ).
- Virtualization, Containers and Container Orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker, RKE2)
- Machine Learning.