Senior Service Desk Technicians X2 (SCCM and ServiceNow Config/ Deployment)
Senior Service Desk Technicians X2
- Ottawa, ON – ONSITE – (possible hybrid role in future but for now it is onsite)
- Public Sector Crown Corporation (Royal Canadian Mint)
- Duration: 1 year with the option of another 1 year extension.
- 37.5 hour work week (7.5 hour work day)
Senior Desktop Technician – Service Desk # 1 – more focus on SCCM management and deployment experience
Senior Desktop Technician – Service Desk # 2 – will focus more on Service Now familiarity and deployment experience.
- Both positions will have strong desktop support experience.
- Both positions will be expected to work on site, with the possibility of someday implementing a hybrid scenario. If and until this occurs, they will be expected to work on site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Senior Desktop Technician is the senior technical resource on the Service Desk team. This position acts as a senior technical resource that is able to solve complex problems for the department and the company. They act as an escalation point for issues that cannot be resolved by more junior members of the Service Desk team.
• Troubleshoot problems associated with common desktop operating systems, custom and purchased software applications, and computer hardware and peripheral devices.
• Monitor and document Level 3 incidents in the service management tool and act as a senior level 3 escalation point for more difficult issues faced by more junior members of the team.
• Deploy desktop, laptop, and workstation class computers to the user community using common deployment and configuration tools.
• SCCM management and deployment of patches and configurations to end user devices, as well as training of this tool to more junior staff.
• Administration of cloud applications, including Office 365.
• Assist with the deployment phases of the Service Now tool.
• Contact external vendors, suppliers, and relevant corporate authorities when required to diagnose and solve PC and related software and hardware problems.
• Works with external vendors to adopt and implement new technology.
• Maintains productive relationships with peers and management in IT and the clients whose issues are being worked on.
• Identify and recommend improvements to technical and process issues.
• Interfaces with other business units to diagnose issues and plan improvements in service.
• Mentor and train less experiences technicians.
• Document team level processes and procedures.
• Lead and execute team level projects to completion on time.
• Research, recommend, and implement new technology solutions.
• Responsible for investigating and resolving issues identified by the Problem Management process.
• Suggest ways to improve the way the team is completing Desktop support. (Continuous Improvement & Roadmap)
• Test and evaluate new products, both internal and external.
• Acts a technical authority on image creation and management.
• University degree in Computer Science or Business or equivalent education and work experience.
• IT Certifications, including ITIL certifications.
• Experience supporting remote workers.
• Experience deploying and supporting Office 365 and cloud applications.
• Minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
• Direct work experience in using Service Now, as well as experience in assisting with its implementation.
• English is essential. Bilingualism (English & French) is an asset.
• Strong analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Strong knowledge of IT applications/systems and tools.
• Expert level knowledge of Windows operating systems, including Windows 7 and Windows 10.
• High degree of familiarity with SCCM and Windows Imaging and deployment technologies (WDS, MDT).
• Knowledge of Service Now and experience with the deployment phases of the tool.
• Familiar with a variety of end-user hardware, including a variety of PC models, laptops, printers, scanners, Apple devices.
• Knowledge regarding security procedures, endpoint protection, password compliancy and VPN technology.
• Familiar with ITSM and best practises regarding service management.
• Knowledge of Windows Servers, Active Directory, and networking in a corporate environment.
•Strong written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
Apply for this job