Alten is currently hiring for a Mechanical Designer to work in Brampton, ON. As a designer, you will be placed on a cross-functional team with the aim of executing design, integration, or testing activities. Each activity comes with its own set of challenges, however, our culture of collaboration is geared towards tackling these challenges straight on.
In design, you would be led by an experience engineer who has seen it all before. We will equip you to use the most advanced design tools to translate mission requirements to workable designs.
In integration, you will part of the team that develops and executes an integration plan. You will get exposure to liaising with operations as well as subcontractors an even customers.
In testing, you will part of the team that ensure our products meet system requirements by planning and executing test campaigns. You will help design test rigs and work along side the most experienced technicians in our industry.
• Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary engineering team to develop state-of-the-art robotics.
• Generate design concepts using Siemens NX and Teamcenter using principles of design for manufacture and design for minimum weight
• Generate detailed component and assembly drawings to support manufacture and assembly of hardware
• Apply GD&T per ASME Y14.5 standard to mechanical components
• Perform tolerance stack-up analysis with an understanding of statistical tolerancing as required
• Estimate work tasks accurately and identify/communicate when corrective action is necessary
• Identify risks, proposes solutions and develops mitigation strategies for design issues and schedule concerns
• Investigate manufacturing issues and discrepancies during detail parts procurement
• Minimum 5+ yrs experience with mechanism design and analysis activities, including tolerance analysis, component selection, and drafting
• Strong Understanding of the CAD core tools including: Siemens NX, Teamcenter, Solidworks, AutoCAD, etc.
• Good understanding of GD&T per ASME Y14.5 and experience applying the standard to mechanical parts
• Experience in the manufacturing and testing of subsystems, assemblies and components is considered an asset
• A Post secondary diploma or degree from a university or polytechnic is preferred
• Experience in dealing with program or project groups for technical discussions.
• Communication skills – oral and written
• Multi-tasking and task-prioritizing capability
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
Together with a competitive salary and benefits, this position will be a great opportunity for career minded candidates in the Mechanical Design space • Location: Brampton, ON