|Title: IT Manager
Remote Possible?: Hybrid Job: 2 days/week at the office minimum.
Hybrid Job: 2 days/week at the office minimum.
The Manager, IT will work closely with the Director of Information Technology to ensure that all application and operation support requirements are being met as well as to implement and manage the following application support processes.
• Lead and ensure development and maintenance of all IT systems, with a focus on maximizing efficiencies
• Manages a team of technical support professionals to deliver high-quality support and troubleshooting services for Oracle Cloud – Fusion, Oracle Analytics Cloud, and other integrated applications.
• Develops and maintain operational processes, policies, and procedures to ensure the smooth running of
• Ensure compliance with ITIL best practices and oversee risk management efforts to mitigate potential technical issues.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure timely resolution of complex technical problems.
• Lead and manage the proper application of ITIL methodologies and IT best practices in all areas of IT (inc.change control, incident management, ITSM etc.)
• Monitor SLA metrics, review incident reports, and implement corrective actions as needed.
• Coach and mentor team members to improve technical skills and knowledge and encourage continuous
• Provide hands-on technical support as needed and work collaboratively with other IT teams to deliver
• Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems.
• Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organization.
• Designing training programs and workshops for staff.
• Conducting regular system audits.
• Running and sharing regular operation system reports with senior staff.
• Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages.
• Provide leadership and direction to the IT team, including talent development, training and development and succession plans.
• Work in partnership with project manager and business process units to understand their business needs; and collaborates with IT leadership to develop technology that enables core business processes and supports integrated systems across the organization.
• Manage supplier relationships, external consultants, and IT vendors.
Ø Reports to: Director, Information Technology
Ø Direct Reports:
Senior Systems Analyst
Applicant Support Analyst
• Support 800 users daily
• Manage $1.5M in IT/IS assets
• Manage 3 Direct reports.
• Manage relation with AMS Support team and support application vendors.
• Physical Effort: Normal office environment. Extended periods of sitting & computer use
• Physical Environment: comfortable office space
• Sensory Attention: moderate attention required while performing job
• Mental Stress: The pressure is relatively high due to the critical nature of the information systems support across the company. There are a number of projects in progress at any given time. Power failure and systems breach/external threats to database security. In the absence of critical situations, the overall daily pressure is moderate.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field experience.
• 10 years senior leadership experience in the field of computer science or Information Services
• 5+ years of experience managing technical support teams in a complex technical environment.
• Strong technical skills in Integration, API, SQL, and Oracle applications such as Oracle Cloud – Fusion, Oracle Analytics Cloud.
• Expertise in end-to-end operational processes, SLA, ITIL, and Risk Management.
• Experience coaching and mentoring technical support professionals to improve technical skills and knowledge.
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to deliver
• Availability to work after-hours as needed to meet SLAs and resolve technical issues.
• Strong business planning and financial management experience, able to work with shifting priorities
• Innovative, proactive, visionary leader able to implement new technologies.
• Strong relationship/influential skills combined with a customer service orientation both internally and externally.
• Ability to skillfully negotiate.
• Delivers results through detailed action plans/realistic goals/demonstrating accountability and sense of urgency.
• Extensive understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities
• Strong leadership capabilities including mentoring, growing, and developing talent as well as building lasting relationships with colleagues, stakeholders, and vendors
• Strong communication skills including the ability to deliver knowledgeable and well-articulated reasoning and recommendation.