Formulation Project Leader
Title: Formulation Project Leader
Location: 2845 Argentia Rd, Mississauga, ON L5N 5V4
Leads the design and evaluation of formulations and manufacturing processes as well as problem solves for solid, semi-solid, or liquid dosage forms. Engages in the management of clientele, processes, and equipment design for clinical, scale up, and registration batches including tech transfer of projects to and from clients. Manages resources in the PPT work group to achieve project and team objectives and coaches people in their work group in areas such as the drug development process and PDS systems. Liaises with Project Management, Facility/Equipment Schedulers, Materials Management, Analytical Development and other functional areas to meet project and team objectives.
1. Leads the design/evaluation of formulations and manufacturing processes for solid, semi-solid, or liquid dosage forms. Leads development of new formulations and scale-up procedures of solid, semi-solid, or liquid dosage forms at the pre-clinical, clinical, and post marketing stages of drug development. Manages resources in their PPT work group to achieve project and team objectives. Leads/participates in problem solving for formulations, equipment and processes.
2. Participates in relevant meetings/teleconferences with clients.
3. Writes protocols for feasibility work and manufacturing batch records and clinical trial materials. Writes and ensures timely execution of protocols and provision of results in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices and company standards.
4. Writes development reports.
5. Develops realistic proposals and timelines.
6. Liaises with Project Management, Facility/Equipment Schedulers, Materials Management, Analytical Development and other functional areas to meet project and team objectives.
7. Other duties as required.
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in pharmaceutical science or technology.
1 to 3 years of previous related experience and general knowledge of drug development.
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Extensive knowledge and understanding of the drug development process. Demonstrable organizational skills relevant to drug development. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Established leadership skills. Computer literate. In this role it is essential to perform shift work. Demonstrated commitment to our fundamental principles of Integrity, Respect, & Excellence
Proficiency with the English language.
Work requires moderate physical exertion. Regularly lifts medium weight objects by hand. May require recurring bending, crouching, stretching, or reaching. Or may frequently operate equipment, including keyboard and must walk, sit, or stand immobile for prolonged periods. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and of short duration.
Within 30 years, ALTEN has become leader in R&D, Engineering, Information Technology Services, Life Sciences and Network Services with 37,000 consultants working in more than 20 countries.
Our Advisor for this position
the benefits of