North York, Ontario
ETS Construction, Facilities & Utilities Project Leader
Job title: ETS Construction, Facilities & Utilities Project Lead.
Location: North York, ON
Experience: 8-15 years
Under the guidelines of Global ETS Capital Project management and in accordance with Clients Industrial Affairs (IA) safety, quality/performance, schedule and costs objectives – the mission of the Building and Utilities Construction Lead is to plan, manage and deliver various capital projects and site initiatives accordance with safety, quality/performance, schedule and costs objectives during the construction phase ending with mechanical completion including
construction turnover documents and to ensure the operational support to all aspects of design, FAT, installation, SAT, C&Q, up to non-product dependent PQ.
– Capital Projects and ETS Initiatives Execution. Lead the Construction, Facility and Utility Workstream consisting of a team of internal and external resources. This includes supporting the project Process Lead in selection and procurement of owner furnished equipment and managing the installation of said equipment during the construction phase handing off to C&Q at the SAT phase.
– Accountable to guide Engineering Leads under the Construction, Facility and Utility Workstream in the selection of technologies for the building and utilities in accordance with best practices, global standards, and site requirements.
– Ensure Construction, Facility and Utility Workstream is confirming the design is consistent with project scope, budget, and schedule throughout project life cycle.
– Coordinate with the Project selected Engineering Design Firms and Partners to complete the basic and detailed design phases
– Coordinate with the project construction firms and sub-contractors to successfully execute construction in accordance with safety (both Client and Ontario), quality and performance during the construction phase.
– Accountable for the cost and schedule allocated for the facilities, utilities, and construction scope of the project.
– Challenge changes and mitigate risk of Construction Manager, Construction Sub-trade, Equipment OEM and Architect/Engineer “claims”.
– Accountable for the safety of the jobsite in collaboration with the Project Director (ETS), Construction Manager (CM) HSE department, and Site Manager
– Accountable for the Building, Utilities, and Process Equipment construction phase execution strategy and recommendations for the most suited project delivery models.
– Strong collaboration with Process Engineering, Automation C&Q, Validation, HSE, Operations and support functions to achieve deliverables. This includes managing this installation of all systems during the construction phase of the project.
– Accountable for management and reporting of risk and critical issues, as well as the management action plan of the building and utilities construction part of the project
– Responsible to provide Construction, Building, Utilities, and Process Equipment installation updates through project reporting services including performance metrics in coordination with ETS & IA Global Engineering Guidelines.
– Manage Engineering Building, Utilities, and Process Equipment installation (internal & external) interfaces with the Project Director (ETS) and/or Site Manager to highlight and action concerns with team performance.
– Represent the assigned Capital Projects in various management committees as required.
– Facilitate the involvement of stakeholders on critical issues identified through risk analysis and general project management practices, resulting in documentation/ planning/ resolution of critical issues and risks.
– Be capable for ad hoc support including leading specific tasks forces to achieve results in project execution (e.g. construction or commissioning and qualification).
– Organize and lead Constructability and Peer Reviews as required
– Provide input to the procurement and contracting strategy for the facilities and utilities contract packages under selected constructors, contractors, and external vendors
– Anticipate and prepare project handover of the facilities, equipment, process control to the C&Q team.
– Provide input and guidance to Commissioning teams
– Manage the lifecycle workstream deliverables for facilities and nGXP Utilities
– Support project lessons learned to share with network
– Validate design compliance with Client standards for the facilities & nGxP Utilities workstreams. This includes HVAC, electrical, automation, VDS, hydronic utilities, and architectural systems.
– Supervises and monitors compliance with employment and health, safety, and environmental legislation to ensure that employees, and or contractors work within the policies, procedures and regulations applicable to their work.
– Participates in the investigation of incidents and work-related illnesses
– Participates in various technical HSE assessments during the project design phase
– Responds promptly to all health, safety and environmental concerns or incidents and completes the appropriate documentation in a timely manner
– Takes every reasonable precaution to ensure the health and safety of staff and contractors
– Ensures that protective equipment and clothing required is used by staff and contractors
– Cooperates and assists the Joint Health and Safety Committee in carrying out its functions
– Advises staff and or contractors of any potential or actual health, safety and or environmental hazard of which they are aware
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
– An industry relevant technical certification with preference of an engineering degree
– A focus on electrical distribution systems in industrial manufacturing would be an asset
– 10+ years Engineering and/or Construction Management experience in delivery of large and medium sized projects >50MCAD. Preferably in pharma or related industry.
– 5+ years in Capital Project Management including cost and schedule management
– 5+ years of leadership experience and ability to manage a large team
– Occupational health and safety, construction, and industry regulation knowledge
– Relevant knowledge of GMP, FDA, HPFBI and EMA guidelines
– Experience with the delivery of large projects within a bio-pharma environment
– Excellent verbal and written skills
– Demonstrated success leading and coaching technical teams to achieve desired technical results.
– A proven history of experience in project management and project controls on medium and large, multiyear projects
– Working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) is required
– Working outdoors is required
– Strong experience in construction, equipment installation and C&Q phase of project execution
[alten – email email = Ria.Kanunjna@alten.com]