Senior UX / UI Developer / Designer – Ontario Government Project
– Hands on UI developer who is well versed with UI development technologies and not limited to prototyping tools.
The candidate must have exposure to building UIs and User experience flows for large enterprise applications and also developing UIs them.
Experience working on public facing, commercial corporate UX / UI and/or government application projects
The purpose of this initiative is to develop a modern enterprise platform for Courts Criminal Case Management System and a user friendly portal for internal and external users. Services build on this platform will requires a robust integration framework as well as an intuitive, responsive user experience for internal OPS users and named external users. In addition, development of cross application integration services is also a part of the project. The entire initiative will serve as a foundation for new business processes and solutions that will be put in place towards modernization. Hence, building a strong foundation for a usable, user friendly and accessible web solution is critical to success.
his initiative supports the ministry’s commitment to develop efficient and technology-enabled business processes and to optimize the allocation of human resources and physical infrastructure, with a focus on core business and resulting benefit is a streamlined/centralized business process/delivery that improves the delivery of client services.
Scope of Services and Deliverables
MAG Solution's Criminal Justice Digital Design Project requires a UX/UI Developer/Designer L3 with 8+ years of experiences to provide:
• digital expertise and skills that support the transformation of government services
• participate in a multi-disciplinary team that drive digital transformation using design thinking strategies and exploring new technology trends that continue to redefine IT, business and the way we serve the citizens of Ontario.
• Plan and conduct user research and competitor analysis
• Interpret data and qualitative feedback
• Create user stories, personas, and storyboards
• Determine information architecture and create sitemaps
• Create prototypes, wireframes and taxonomies
• Conduct usability testing
• Identify users’ needs and understand how users consume and navigate content
• Plan and design the information architecture for the website or app; what information should go where? Which elements are more important and should be given priority?
• Create use cases and flow diagrams, and define information hierarchies
• Analyse product metrics such as daily sessions, time-on-page, and goal completion rate in order to evaluate effectiveness of existing copy
• Document functional all aspects of the product design process
• Combine UX thinking with design execution, to produce usable and intuitive user interfaces
• Facilitate workshops to answer critical business questions through design thinking, rapid prototyping, and testing ideas with customers
• More than 5 years of experience as a UX/UI Designer
• Knowledge of usability factors in Human Computer Interaction
• Knowledge of interaction design principles and using industry tools such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Zeplin and OmniGraffle
• Knowledge of current web usability and accessibility standards and best practices
• Strong communication skills to participate in team discussions, make solution recommendations and document/explain work
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment, to sell your ideas to colleagues, both technical and non-technical
• Demonstrated the ability to get buy-in from a team to implement new and improved ways of doing things