UI Staff Software Engineer
UI Staff Software Engineer
You will be working in the Digital Technology Team of very high tech niche technology team of our global digital client that is developing amazing and highly automated digital solutions for commercial and industrial clients based on Smart Technologies, IoT, and Big Data
Responsible for designing and programming a small module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Leads design discussion in a limited manner.
In this role, you will:
* Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
* Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members.
* Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
* Demonstrates the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment.
* Understands whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module.
* Helps in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules. Serves as subject matter expert (SME) on one or more major modules.
* Possesses advanced domain knowledge and shows great customer focus.
* Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions.
* Expert in processes / methodologies and Skilled in build, release & deployment processes.
* Helps define his or her own role in the delivery of the product/service design.
* Articulates the need for scalability and understands the importance of improving quality through testing.
* Drives design reviews, defines interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs.
* Expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices.
* Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language chosen.
* Drives functional design and implementation on one or more major modules.
* Serves as SME and works closely with support and infrastructure services in troubleshooting customer and operational issues.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
* A minimum of 8 years of professional experience OR Master’s degree with 6 years of experience in OR PhD with 3 years of experience in software development using front end technologies
* GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
Eligibility Requirements: (Country Specific)
* Legal authorization to work in the Canada is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in Lachine, QC, Canada
* Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and coding principles
* Hands-on experience with web development using HTML5, Java Script, jQuery, CSS.
* Hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.), SQL Database such as Oracle MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
* Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, Web sockets and AJAX
* Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
* Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
* Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
* Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
* Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity