Tool Design Engineer
Tool Design Engineer
Brossard , Quebec
Contract and/or Perm
• Analyze the technical information of the design lots (technical specifications, division of work, …) and participate in the development of special tools lists that can generate technical opportunities for the project.
• Plan the tooling design phase, follow up and coordinate with the design team.
• Design and calculate tooling components.
• Review and validate the cost of tooling during the tendering phase for new projects with other members of the Field operation team.
• Participate in design reviews of various projects at various stages and ensure design consistent with site installation methods for simplified and safe assembly.
• Responsible for the design of the site's special tooling for site assembly in accordance with site planning and budget (considering the technical and safety standards of the country / province).
• Lead the design review and follow up on design review actions.
• Prepare information for the execution of technical drawings.
• Supervise and validate the designer's work.
• Write reports and engineering documents, including test procedures, engineering notes, maintenance manuals.
• Provide technical support to the supply chain and participate in the technical support of the assembly teams.
• Coordinate with engineering to validate key site technical documents
• Deal with and solve technical assembly problems of the site
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, with a minimum of 5 to 10 years of relevant experience.
• Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec.
• Knowledge of Safety Standards for Material Handling and Lifting Equipment (OSHA) B30.20 Below the hook.
• Knowledge of welding and machining would be an asset.
• Speak fluently French and English
• Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
• Knowledge of calculation methods related to material resistance, finite element simulation, metallurgy and welding are assets for this work.
• To be passionate about mechanical design and the field of hydropower.