Systems Testing / QA Specialist
Systems Testing / QA Specialist (L3)
Cluster: Justice Technology Services
Ministry: Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services
Assignment Name: Criminal Justice Digital Design
Anticipated Assignment Start Date: Monday, July 15, 2019
Anticipated Assignment End Date: Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Location: 21 College St, 3rd Floor
Duration: 220 Work Days
Technology Keys: test automation tools such as Selenium, Soap UI, UFT, JMeter and Katalan Studio
The purpose of this project is to develop a modern enterprise platform for Courts Criminal Case Management System. Services build on this platform will requires a robust integration framework as well as an intuitive, responsive user experience for internal OPS users and named external users. In addition, development of cross application integration services is also a part of the project.
This initiative supports the ministry’s commitment to develop efficient and technology-enabled business processes and to optimize the allocation of human resources and physical infrastructure, with a focus on core business and resulting benefit is a streamlined/centralized business process/delivery that improves the delivery of client services.
JTS/Courts Portfolio Management requires temporary Systems Testing QA Specialist (L3) with 9+ years of experience to lead and manage testing for the delivery of Courts Criminal Case Management System Modernization project. Systems Testing QA Specialist will be responsible for the following activities:
• Assist in the development of a test strategy, preparation of test cases / scenarios, test scripts, regression test cases/scenarios required to verify solution, system
• Managing all test activities including AODA, penetration and stress testing
• Execution of test scripts to verify solution
• Recording and tracking of system or functional defects, break/fixes identified during unit and user acceptance testing
• Communication with project manager and developers to ensure application quality and
• alignment with project timelines
The resource is responsible for creating an end-to-end test plan and test cases according to JTS testing standards which will be provided; executing the plan and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected. The solution should be tested in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other existing systems.
Tasks and deliverables include:
• Developing test scripts and test data
• Executing test scripts and record software defects
• Documenting software defects and track resolution
• Development of test plans, test cases and test scripts to validate the functionality of various modules.
• Ability to test plan, test cases and test scripts to validate that changes made to the application
• Provide, plan and support User Acceptance Testing and lead initial UAT sessions.
• Review user documentation and provide feedback to improve application alignment and clarity of the information.
• Management and maintenance of defect log and communication of defect related issues to PM
• Working closely with developers holding triage sessions and ensuring appropriate prioritization of defects
• Working closely with the client lead, prioritize, schedule and remediate defects.
• Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
• Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
• Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
• Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
• Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
• Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
• Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
• Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
• Experience in quality assurance at the specified experience level
• Knowledge and experience in the use of automated test tools and version control systems on one or more platforms
• Knowledge and experience in all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills; organizational, creativity and perseverance skills, verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Product cycle (functional & non-functional) testing experience
• Test case design and review experience (from business requirements) • Test case development experience
• Experience in defect tracking
• Test scenarios (use-cases) design and review
• Test execution, analysis and reporting experience
• Experience in writing manual and automated test scripts
• Diverse knowledge of testing to be able to provide recommendations to senior management
• Knowledge and experience in technical aspects of software solution being tested
• Business process understanding