Location: Kanata, Ontario (Can work remote, but should be able to travel on site from time to time of needed) – 10 %
Core expertise: persons familiar with ABD0100 and its application, as well as familiar with preparation of engineering deliverables for Airbus in DAL A and DAL B environment. Experience with working on projects with ARP4761 or ARP4761A would be beneficial.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Systems Engineering, the Systems Engineer will participate in development program activities from requirements analysis and definition, through system concept, design and proposal to system development, implementation, integration, qualification and verification.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review customer requirements and specifications, develop top-level performance specifications, and participate in the derivation of requirements and development of appropriate documentation;
- Develop test methods to verify and validate requirements;
- Prepare system level specifications and drawings;
- Prepare Configuration Item/Equipment Procurement Specifications;
- Establish vendor source selection evaluation criteria and participate in vendor selection;
- Conduct system level trade studies, including Make/Buy analyses, to develop an optimal solution;
- Direct/assist in the preparation of project system engineering data deliverables;
- Develop and/or assist with baseline release documentation;
- Participate in program reviews with internal/external customers and implement corrective actions as required;
- Run system and subsystem validation and verification tests and work on locating and finding solutions to test anomalies. Record test results and prepare test reports;
- Assists with ILS activities including analysis, technical publications and customer interface control documents; and
- Prepare proposal related material including system functional, performance, physical, design and construction descriptions, engineering plans, cost and schedule estimates.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science from a recognized post-secondary institution or equivalent;
- Previous professional experience in designing and developing system related projects in the civil aviation and defence industries;
- Ability to diagnose and correct software, hardware, and mechanical integration problems;
- Sound working knowledge of life cycle models, software and hardware design processes, life cycle models, communication protocols, and real time system design methods;
- Good knowledge of measurement equipment, logic and other analyzers and oscilloscopes with an understanding of data analysis techniques;
- Strong problem solving, analytical, interpersonal, technical writing and communication skills;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and engineering system tools including Req Pro and/or DOORS;
- Eligible to meet Controlled Goods and Canadian Security Clearance requirements.
- Experience in integrated External/Internal communications systems design in the marine environment;
- Background in specifying installations and support including wire/cabling, facility drawings and guidance packages;
- Experience in Civil Aviation programs and processes particularly related to DO-178, DO-254 and ARP4754/61;
- Experience in design and processes in accordance with MIL-STD-2036, 1472, 490, 498, and 1521;
- Experience in design and processes in accordance with ISO/IEC 15288; and Experience in designing for requirements including MTTR, MTBF, Availability and HFE guidel
ALTEN PROEX is a Canadian Engineering and Technology Consulting Services company, and a subsidiary of ALTEN Group. Within 30 years, ALTEN has become leader in R&D, Engineering, Information Technology Services, Life Sciences and Network Services with 37,000 consultants working in more than 20 countries.