Brampton , Ontario
* Sr. Mechanical engineer
Created 30 years ago and based in more than 25 countries, ALTEN has established itself as a world leader in Engineering and Technology Consulting with 34000 employees in the world.
We are currently seeking a Senior Engineer/MTS to carry out mechanical engineering work for space, medical and nuclear systems and their associated support equipment.
The Successful Candidate Will Participate In The Following
- Analyze and decompose system level requirements and flow down these requirements to the subsystem element design to ensure the verification and certification targets of the end item will be met.
- Develop and ensure proper documentation of technical and interface requirements and to oversee their implementation in verification and test plans.
- End item mechanical system architecture and system design as well as kinematic analysis.
- Mechanism analysis; i.e. gear tooth loading, bearing arrangements & types for specific applications and load capacity and mechanism performance under environmental extremes of temperature & pressure.
- Oversee manufacturing and testing of subsystems, assemblies and components, investigation of problems/failures during development and test;
- Review, analyse and interpret telemetry from deployed systems or flight test articles with context to monitoring system health, trending and trouble shooting
- Prepare high level engineering documentation (PDR, CDR, etc.) and deliver presentations to customers and peers.
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Interested candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering as a minimum. Senior positions require at least twelve (1 2) years of post-graduate professional experience. Knowledge of robotic systems, operations analysis and equipment verification and validation is required. Experience in the aerospace field specifically in product development/progression through SRR, PDR and CDR design phases is a definite asset. Candidates must possess strong leadership skills and have experience leading design teams to develop complex electro-mechanical hardware. Must be familiar with software such as Matlab/Simulink Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Project Scheduler and Power Point).
Excellent verbal, written communication skills are essential to this position. All candidates must be able to obtain CGP and ITAR clearance.