Sr FPGA Developer
Senior FPGA Developer
This position is located in Ottawa, Ontario, in the Radio Products Canada FPGA Development team. The successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be RTL design and verification of FPGAs for new multi-standard radio base station products for 5G, LTE, W-CDMA, and GSM networks. The position may also involve modeling, in-system lab bring up and testing, and other typical aspects of FPGA development.
Candidates should have a minimum of 8 years of experience working in FPGA/ASIC development.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
• Defining functional specifications for the FPGA.
• FPGA design: writing RTL code, functional simulation, debugging, synthesis, timing closure, and hands-on integration and verification in a lab environment.
• Collaborating with Hardware/Software/Systems/Integration Radio development teams, to understand overall product requirements and drive optimal solutions.
• Documentation and communication.
• Contributing to the continuous improvement of products, tools and processes.
• Supporting the deployment of new Radio products and features into customer networks.
• Long proven track record of successfully delivering many complex RTL designs targeting large FPGAs/ASICs.
• Deep knowledge of SystemVerilog/Verilog/VHDL.
• Familiarity with modern FPGA device families and tools.
• Expertise in floorplanning, synthesis and place&route optimization, timing closure, and related design constraints.
• Direct experience implementing high speed serial links and protocols using multi-gigabit transceivers.
• Experience in functional simulation using modern verification techniques such as UVM and Assertion Based Verification.
• Skilled in using scripting languages and tools (TCL, Python, Perl, Make).
• Analytical mindset, high capacity, results oriented and the ability to deliver under pressure.
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
• A highly motivated self-starter, able to work independently, while being a team player.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent, with demonstrated experience and knowledge in the above-mentioned required skills areas.
• Knowledge of wireless systems and 3GPP specifications.
• Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing, DSP modeling, and hardware realizations.
• Mathematical analysis experience using Matlab or similar.
• SW OO Programming.