Software Engineer/Sr. Software Engineer/Tech Leader
Software Engineer/Sr. Software Engineer/Tech Leader (short wave Radar sensing)
Location : New market
1 year project to permanent direct hire
- Bachelor or MSc, electrical or electronics engineering or equivalent
- 3 and above years of working experience in the automotive industry in the context of automotive RADAR mmWave electronics and/or MMIC (Specifically for TI mmWave radar Sensors AWR family)
- Expertise in automotive RADAR sensor architecture and radar modulation and its impact to the electronics and MMIC requirements
- Expertise on the entire sensor software development process for the automotive industry, starting from requirements analysis, concept finding, prototyping, implementation, integration and validation
- Excellent understanding of customer requirements, the state of the art solutions, performance critical key parameters in real world applications
- Curious and willing to challenge existing solutions with innovative technology concepts
- Excellent methodic problem solving skills
- Fully proficient in mmWave electronic design tools (e.g. ADS), electromagnetic 3D simulation tools
- Very good knowledge in electronics and mmWave measurement systems and laboratory software tools (e.g. LabWindows)
- Good knowledge in Matlab and RF System Simulations Tools (e.g. SystemVue)
- Good knowledge in R, Python, C and C++ languages
- Familiar with all related standards
- Able to work under pressure in a time constrained and deadline driven environment
- Fluent in English with great intercultural social and communication skills, ability to work in international teams
The automotive industry is constantly changing this team is at the forefront of this evolution. We are looking for innovative and entrepreneurial minds who want to help drive the industry forward with us. We are leading autonomous vehicle development and the future of our industry by creating the technology that will change people’s lives. Join us and be a part of that challenge.
You will be working in a leading full systems supplier of innovative mechatronics systems to the global automotive industry. Our designs combine the capabilities of mechanical systems with the intelligence of electronic controls and sensing to enable new ways of interacting with the vehicle. Our in-house electronics manufacturing expertise allows for seamless integration into any application.
The Mechatronics Global Engineering Group is looking for an experienced Software Engineering Specialist to support our Electronics Engineering Team.
The Software Engineer – Specialist is responsible for designing the Automotive embedded software components (detailed design), coding and developing the software components as well as evaluating the software components based on the software architecture as well as the software requirements within the short range RADAR sensing project.
- RADAR System experience – FMCW, Range/Speed Resolution, Doppler mapping, AoA, Noise mitigation, Multipath cancelation techniques, Clutter removal, Optimization for Range and performance, Etc.
- RADAR Signal Processing and Algorithm experience – FFT, Digital Filters, CFAR, Object Detection, Clustering, Tracking, Classification, Etc.
- Responsible for Software Requirements Analysis, Software Component and software integrations tests based on software architecture and software requirements
- Development (design, implement, test and debug) of core and/or application specific software requirements for automotive embedded electronic module serial production projects.
- Develop software in compliance with a formal ASPICE/CMMi based process, per OEM processes.
- Integration of the software components to a complete system and make the software available for the project team and the customer, ensuring proper release notes and archive of materials.
- Main customer interface for all software related activities including customer design reviews as well as clarification and negotiation of customer requirements for the project, amongst other tasks related to this.
- Lead the planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting of all software related activities for various projects.
- Integration of 3rd party vehicle network software such as CAN NOS and Flash boot loader into an application specific software ECU.
- Develop automotive diagnostic software in compliance to customer specifications (UDS, Etc).
- Desired RF / Antenna expertise – MIMO, Beamforming, FoV, Etc.
- Desired RF Regulatory and Legislation experience.
- Desired CST Modeling and Simulation experience, at Component and System levels.
- Support OEM Functional Safety and Security mandates.
- Support OEM AUTOSAR mandates.
- Benchmark competitor’s and supplier solutions to determine how to improve and provide leading edge technology.
- Performs procedures necessary for protection of intellectual property rights.
- Follows safe work procedures, using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), uses workplace tools and equipment as instructed, reports workplace hazards, injuries and illness as soon as possible following event.
- Performs other duties as necessary for completion of projects and achievement of departmental and business goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Computer Science / Physics or equivalent.
- Master’s is preferred.
- 5 to 10 years Automotive Embedded Electronic Control Unit based experience with the Responsibilities and Tasks listed above for serial development projects.
- Mandatory experience in Short Range RADAR Sensing.
- Knowledge of product development engineering practices in the automotive field, including structured Engineering approach, portable code, reusable and modular software design.
- Involvement in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), using a disciplined software development process including Software Development Plan, Software Requirements Specification, Configuration Management, Etc.
- Knowledge of analysis and engineering tools such as Requirements Management, Version Control, Configuration Management, UML tools, Static Code Analysis tools, Etc.
- Knowledge of embedded software development in C/C++ for 16 bit and 32 bit micro-controllers, DSP including application for micro-controllers such as NXP, STM, TI, Infineon, Microchip and Renesas.
- Experience with implementation of low level device driver software such as SPI, I2C, PWM for various microcontrollers.
- Knowledge in software integration according to automotive standards, ASPICE, CAN, AUTOSAR, Etc.
- Knowledge of software Development tools, i.e. Assembler, Complier, Vector CAN tools, Unit Testing tool, Debugger, Programmers, CAN and LIN based tools such as CANalyzer, CANoe, CANape, Intrepid neoVI, Etc.
- Experience with implementation of various diagnostic protocols such as UDS / ISO 14229.
- High level and methodical Troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Knowledge of Automotive methods such as structured problem solving (8D) methods and/or techniques, FMEA, DVP&R, DFM/DFA, VA/VE, Etc.
- Knowledge of MS Office Applications (Power point, Word, Excel, Etc).