North York, Ontario
Six-Sigma Black Belt – Manufacturing Excellence
8+ years of related experience
Six Sigma Black Belt certified
Strong knowledge of DoE with Design Expert software
Additional knowledge of MVDA (multivariate data analysis) using SIMCA
other statistical tools (i.e hypothesis test, SPC, regression analysis, measurement system analysis etc) using JMP
Pharmaceutical manufacturing industry experience is ideal, but a candidate with experience working in another regulated industry would be satisfactory
The successful candidate will lead the training of the MTECH (stands for “Manufacturing Technology”) department on the DMAIC Framework (stands for “Defined Measure Analysing Improvement Control”), therefore, strong training experience on these topics would be highly beneficial
Continuous improvement mindset
Strong data analysis and data interpretation skills
• BS in Business (Operations), Science, Engineering
• senior level manufacturing experience with a good understanding of overall business operations knowledge, change leadership and GMP environments (GMP environments is ideal)
• Operational Excellence Certification – Six Sigma Black Belt and Design For Six Sigma
• 5-10 years’ experience executing transformational change to business processes
This position will be responsible for deploying business performance standards and ensuring the Pharmaceutical Manufacturing company’s Manufacturing System (SMS) is actively adopted in all manufacturing facilities. This role will mentor others throughout the organization in Lean continuous improvement philosophy and certify Lean Green Belts to accelerate the cultural shift that will streamline processes at all levels of the business.
Strategy Development and Cascading
• Create annual MTECH strategy Products and Processes for the executive team and cascade priorities to the site manufacturing facilities and shared services.
• Drive the maturity and development of leaders, Lean practitioners and the workforce relative to the Pharmaceutical Manufacturing company’s Manufacturing System (SMS).
Drive a culture of performance by establishing the right KPIs and reinforcing accountability
• Using a strong knowledge of Lean and Six-sigma principles to drive a robust safety, quality and delivery culture throughout the organization
• Instill a continuous improvement mindset throughout the organization with a standardized approach towards using SMS standards
• Work with business leaders to identify process gaps that will be captured in continuous improvement plans and facilitated by the continuous improvement teams for impactful results
• Facilitate Kaizen, Workshops events for processes that have a cross-functional impact to eliminate waste, reduce cycle time and improve business performance while establishing a sustainable model for continuous improvement
• Develop, maintain and deploy SMS tools, methodologies, standards and processes utilizing customer demand operating principles across the enterprise through focused training programs
• Develop and implement training strategy that will optimize lean processes, practices, policies, standards and metrics that meet or exceed company business objectives
• Develop new programs that support the SMS operating system based on site priorities and the global best in class ambition
Mentor Platform and Support Function Leaders on Continuous Improvement Principles
• Support and develop the team talent, capabilities and results
• Mentor and coach teams in a manner that ensures compliance with standard work as well as motivates improvement strategies
• Builds skills and train the organization for change in culture
• Drive cross functional collaboration and skills in direct support of SMS principles
• The position will have a site wide responsibility of process improvements across multiple manufacturing facilities and the numerous internal customer interfaces.
• The position will need to be able to mentor and influence upper management at the Global and Site level.
• The position will lead transformational improvement initiatives that involve cross functional teams and will be responsible for managing team dynamics and project progress.
• The incumbent will need to lead, facilitate and participate on teams and projects with site, regional and global scope. Challenges faced will be obtaining buy-in and consensus among the various stakeholders at all levels in the organization. Building bridges and reducing barriers between functions and teams will be a challenge to overcome.
• Key issues to address are enhancing the business value of tools and systems used by the business and challenging the entire organization to move towards value added, integrated and enterprise-wide solutions. Confronting current paradigms for both business processes and the tools and systems used will be a challenge to overcome.
• Shaping and driving a holistic approach to resolving business issues and needs will be required to bring new processes and concepts into the organization that provide added value to customers (internal and external). The challenges faced will include encouraging adoption of new technology and processes
Key technical competencies and soft skills:
Experienced in staff management and coaching
Excellent oral and written communication skills and competent presentation skills a must.
Impact / Influence
Use of Technical/Professional Expertise
Balanced Judgment / Risk Analysis
LEAN AND Six-Sigma concepts & principles
Effective Interpersonal skills
Ability to function within a diverse team and leverage and learn from the variety of backgrounds and experiences
Exhibit strong scientific and analytical understanding of the processes and quality systems
Competence in systematically solving problems using appropriate process improvement methodologies to analyze complex data/information from different cross-functional teams, both locally and globally.