Senior Financial Analyst – US GAAP experience is required
Contract to perm
MUST HAVE: GREAT EXPERIENCE WITH and WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF CANADIAN and US GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
Experience working with multiple financial statements
Essential Responsibilities :
In this Senior Financial Analyst – contract role within Global Operations Finance, you will be responsible for managing the financial statements and accounting special project requirements for various businesses in financial service and industrial sectors, as well as responsibilities for tasks relating to Corporate Controllership.
As an integral member of the STATS COE team, you will:
– Be responsible for the preparation & review of complex multi-business financial statements by ensuring they are accurately prepared and meet disclosure requirements under Canadian GAAP.
– Coordinate and review appropriate accounting for special transactions initiated by Corporate Accounting and Tax teams.
– Provide consultation on accounting issues to GE businesses (primarily in ASPE).
– Lead or participate in special advisory engagements for Canadian businesses on accounting issues or complex transactions (divestitures, restructuring, etc.)
– Participate in the internal initiatives focused on improving the quality of professional services delivered by the STATS COE team.
– Other tasks required of a Senior Financial Analyst – contract who consistently adds value by assisting in improving business practices and profitability on behalf of stakeholders.