Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Senior Electrical Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
On site work.
- Working in a team to develop new and innovative electronics solutions for customer needs.
- Areas of work could include, low noise preamps, high speed digital telemetry, Digital Signal Processing, and RF design.
- Design, implement, maintain configuration management and test maintainable firmware systems in accordance with the company’s procedure and project specific requirements.
- Preparing or reviewing typical design documentation (design requirements, schematics, board layouts, technical specifications, data sheets).
- Preparing or review engineering deliverables for existing and new electrical system design modifications/upgrades/replacements.
- Preparing cost estimates or cooperating appropriately with others responsible for reporting the estimate.
- Manage the technical interface with customers
- Provide coaching and guidance to and check work of junior engineers, technologists or technicians.
- Participate in and chair technical reviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years' experience participating in the development of commercial or military type electronics
- 5+ years of experience with firmware and analog design
- The successful person must be able to gain the appropriate Canadian government security clearance and satisfy all requirements to be able to work on Canadian Controlled Goods projects.
- Apply independent diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- Analogue & Digital circuit design,
- Embedded microcontroller design (ARM-based microcontrollers or DSP-based systems),
- Experience with peripherals such as SPI, I2C, UART, etc.
- DSP applications,
- OrCAD Capture, OrCAD PSpice Designer and PCB Designer,
- Competent Assembly and C language programming for embedded systems,
- FPGA design using VHDL,
- A team-oriented individual that works collaboratively to achieve team goals
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable, and attentive to detail
ABOUT US :
ALTEN PROEX (Engineering and Technology Consulting Services). Within 30 years, ALTEN has become leader in R&D, Engineering, Information Technology Services, Life Sciences and Network Services with 37,000 consultants working in more than 20 countries. Our consultants carry out complex and highly technical projects throughout the value chain of the most prestigious companies in all sectors of industry and services including Information Systems , IT Automation, Telecommunications, Manufacturing, Life Sciences, Energy, Automotive, Rail and Transportation, Aerospace and Defense, and more.
Willing to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a deadline oriented environment