QA Software Automation Engineer
QA Software Engineer
Lachine , QC
Responsible for testing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. She/he contributes to quality engineering discussions.
In this role, you will:
- Own medium-sized quality engineering tasks; and delivers while mentoring and helping team members
- Make technology choices at individual level and has ability to analyze impact
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
- Integrate project testing with continuous-integration process
- Work with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions
- Provide expertise in the quality engineering, test planning and testing methodology for a software project
- Develop and executes maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases
- Write effective tests according to best practices so that crucial functional requirements are verified and tests remain valid when code is refactored
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in (include technical skill) OR Master’s degree with 3 years of experience (include technical skill)
- Expertise in developing API test cases using Junit/TestNG.
- Experience in UI test automation using Selenium, cucumber framework
- Experience working in an Agile team, in particular SCRUM.
- Knowledge about working with Test Driven Integration
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills, and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge about working with Continuous Integration
- Deep understanding of large, complex, software systems to help isolate and reproduce defects, and assess risk.
- Ability to learn new skills.
- Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
- Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
- Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
- Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity