Project sourcing leader
Project Sourcing Leader(s)
Contract and/or Permanent roles
Client Business Sector: Water Equipment and technologies- Industrial Equipment
For Engineered Systems Projects, the Sourcing Project Leader coordinates the external supply chain activities from the kick-off through execution until the project close out, in accordance with the project strategy and the project team. Operationally in the project, maintains the sourcing strategy, animates and coordinates the external supply chain activities for the project team.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Defines and executes the external supply chain strategy with the stakeholders in accordance with the project requirements and planning.
- Prepares the external supply chain project plan focused on the strategy, schedule, and budget along with any other necessary information from the external supply chain for the project.
- Obtains the savings target on the project and applies all standard levers available through the Sourcing Team, while satisfying the cost, schedule, and quality requirements of the project.
- Coordinates the external supply chain activities with category managers for assigned projects.
- Coordinates with Category Managers to develop new suppliers and alternative sources of materials and/or raw materials, aiming for high quality and low cost of products with a focus in best cost country (BCC).
- Participates in the planning, scheduling and production control of the project.
- Maintains the project purchasing dashboard using the standard tools.
- Consolidates and validates internal and external budgets for sourcing, logistics and quality.
- Tracks and follows the project costs and time variances while taking all necessary actions to avoid deviations to budget.
- Interfaces with project management and engineering to maintain the material target and sourcing resource requirements.
- Identifies critical and strategic suppliers with category management.
- Focuses on project objectives (contractual conditions, purchasing budget, planning, and quality).
- Anticipates available discounts and maintains the committed budget
- Sets the external supply chain planning for purchasing and delivery teams. Ensures the consistency with the overall project planning.
- Working in the external supply chain team to reach successful project milestones, deliveries, and compliance with the deadlines (internal and external) for supply chain deliverables.
- Summarizes the external supply chain activities for the project.
- Reviews with stakeholders and functional management the project external supply chain budget, external supply chain risk & opportunities matrix, and ensures the progress & updates.
- Responsible for complying with and enforcing the procedures and processes of the company.
- Participate in BCC sourcing to optimize purchasing value.
- Identifies underperforming or non-performing suppliers during the project life cycle.
- Participate in various Value Analysis projects & Kaizen blitz projects to improve sourcing.
- Utilization of company software applications such as: SAP, Pyramid, DMT, the Vault Document Storage, and Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and knowledge of this software.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Requirements for the role:
The person in this role must possess the following skills and abilities:
- 5 years minimum experience in increasing roles in purchasing, strategic sourcing or supply chain.
- Must have superior communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be proficient with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Above average analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Capable of working in a team, prioritizing, multi-tasking, and organizing.
- Possess ability to read and understand engineering drawings with the ability to communicate technical information to various internal and external customers.
- Flexible and adaptable to ever changing priorities.
- ERP experience required, preferably with SAP.