PROJECT SAFETY MANAGER
PROJECT SAFETY MANAGER
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The Project Safety Manager is the main point of contact for the customer (external or internal) accountable for any Safety related matters in the Projects (external and internal).
The Project Safety Manager organizes and plans the Technical Safety strategy for safe and on time customer delivery
- Defines, identifies and coordinates Project Safety Team to implement Safety strategy
- Executes Project Safety through schedule and critical path management and risk/opportunity management. (including coordination of Safety Assurance, Independent Validation and RAM) for on time delivery
- Manages and anticipates team workload demand according to project/product needs and coordinates allocated resources executing product/project hazard and safety analysis activities
- Enforces Technical Safety discipline processes and guarantees adherence to the Project’s safety plan
- Anticipates and escalates Technical and/or resource issues on Projects
- Supports Technical Safety Discipline in the areas of lessons learned, capitalization, knowledge sharing, training, competence management, metrics collection and KPIs
- Prepares Safety plans/strategies and safety cases (platform, generic application, specific application – design and implementation) to demonstrate the system is safe for its intended purpose.
- Degree or Diploma either from Business or Technical Background
- P.Eng Certification
- 10 years of experience in engineering field
- 5 years of experience managing medium to large sized projects
- Detailed knowledge of system lifecycle, safety design principles and risk analysis.
- Experience in safety/technical management role in safety critical industry – avionics, defence, medical, automotive, etc.
Job specific experience with the following:
- System Safety Concepts
- Independent Validation
- Safety Planning
- Safety Approval and Certification
- RAMT Engineering
- System Safety Analysis
- Software Safety
- Hardware Safety
- Software Safety Assessment
- Hazard Management
- Safety Case
- Hazard Analysis
- Strong computers skills with MS Office and Project Management tools & software
- Excellent communication and presentations skills