North York, Ontario
Project Manager – PMP certified
1 yr Contract
The primary role of the successful group manager candidate will be to lead, coach and manage project managers and schedulers engaged by client to facilitate the transition to a standardized project execution discipline. This requires experience managing projects in the pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical arena. Understanding of relevant quality standards related to pharmaceutical supply chain: validation, equipment qualification, process validation, formulation, filling and packaging, and quality control. Flexible with the ability to work well with large diverse groups in a matrixed, growing organization. Strong relational leader who has the ability to establish working relationships with project team members, key customers and stakeholders. Be self-directed in a large organization. Develop, review, track and provide input on deliverables and recommendation on project and coordinate schedule of activities to meet milestones. Excellent communication skills. Secure the achievement of project deliverables within the expected quality, timelines and costs.
1. Lead 3-5 strategic projects. In collaboration with functional leaders / team members, develops a realistic, executable project plan with defined milestones, and schedules.
· Work closely with all stakeholders to ensure clear scope statements and SMART project objectives are developed.
· Facilitate development of work breakdown structure to ensure all project activities are identified and assigned to appropriate team members
· Conduct risk assessment during project life cycle and include appropriate contingency actions in the plan.
· Develop a realistic schedule, budgetary estimates based on the WBS.
2. Proactively monitor and control project execution to ensure all project objectives milestones are met within the agreed upon timelines.
· Track project schedule and keep team focused on critical path activities to ensure project success.
· Monitor financial performance of the project on a regular basis, develop reports for costs to date and provide projections for cost at completion.
· Demonstrate leadership by motivating, and inspiring the team to keep the team moving toward successful completion.
· Communicate with stakeholders on regular basis by monthly status reports, gate reviews and closure session.
· Actively manage any deviation from plan, analyze the impact of the changes to schedule, cost, risk and ensure complete compliance to Project Change Management process.
· Identify and escalate any unresolved issue/risks to steering committee for resolution.
3. Apply project management standards, and guidelines
· Cultivate knowledge of existing project management methodologies and emerging areas of importance in the industry and apply to achieve business goals.
· Coach work streams leaders / team members on project management best practices and tools.
Scope and Dimensions
· Project management for strategic projects (?5M CAD, cross functional, ? 20 team members / stakeholders), in Toronto Canada.
Education and Experience
· University degree such as Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Engineering or Business studies and 10 years of project management or related experience in pharmaceutical industry and/or manufacturing environment.
· PMP certified
· Previous experience in managing strategic projects (?5M CAD, cross functional, ? 20 team members / stakeholders), in Toronto Canada.
Abilities & Capabilities:
· Demonstrated leadership experience
· Strong interpersonal and organization skills
· Expert in stakeholders management
· Conflict resolution in group dynamics
· Experience in Pharma
· Project constraints (time, cost, scope, & quality), conflicting priorities and risk are the key areas that are managed in order to achieve project success.
· Efficiently use company tools such as SAP, TrackWise, QeDoc, Excel etc. and the ability to adapt to new tools
· Advanced skills of Excel and MS Office applications