Project Manager – Data Management
Data Management Project Manager
Client: The City of Ottawa
Duration: 261 Work Days
Location: Onsite 100 constellation Blvd
Reference: ITQ 32119-91871-C14
The City of Ottawa requires a resource to help align, focus, and project manage various data and analytics initiatives (POC’s, Protypes, MVPs, Projects) under a centralized portfolio effort. The Project Manager will collaborate with our Information Technology Service Department and internal City of Ottawa departments.
The individual is to have experience executing and project managing Data Management initiatives across multi-disciplinary teams and stakeholders within municipal, provincial or federal government agencies.
To help establish a Data Management Practice for the City of Ottawa. The practice will provide both the framework and the architecture which will last throughout the life of the program. Ensuring the data management strategy is aligned to strategic and operational goals.
Scope of Work/project description
The Scope of Work for the resource is as follows:
ITS requires the Project Manager to develop and lead various data management initiatives across various teams for the City of Ottawa. The goal would be the development of the data management practice within ITS and our external clients within the City of Ottawa. This individual should have experience leading successful data management projects, or have a background in data management with a proven track record of leadership and delivery.
The Project Manager will help define the Data Management Practice and support additional branches within the City of Ottawa to execute on data strategies within their operations.
• Project management of all enterprise data management initiatives and establishment of a holistic data management strategy and practice liaison for, and participant in, business and digital transformation working groups
• Manage resources with product, privacy and market development teams to identify products, sites, apps and data systems in scope, define work required for compliance with this data rights program and, implement all work to completion
• Portfolio project management of all enterprise data management initiatives and establishment of a holistic data management strategy and practice identify data-related process, quality, policy and infrastructure requirements resulting from new and evolving product constructs
• Develop relationships to define data parameters for each line of business while taking into consideration the data, ownership / roles, operational process, reputational and partnership-related requirements for the City of Ottawa
• Proven record of delivering complex enterprise-wide large scale projects
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven experience in relationship building and partnering.
• Ability to converge initiatives and strategies and plans that define how data can be utilized to support an organization's overall business strategy, and how that data is organized, and governed inside an organization
• Strong analytic capabilities, and written and oral communication skills.
• Strong project management skills and a demonstrated ability to understand complex information product constructs
• Familiarity with industry best practices for collection and use of data
• Build and present, presentations, dashboards and reports for management and other stakeholders
• Control costs and maximize productivity through the implementation of best practices and standard processes
• Create a centralized Portfolio Plan for ITS and the organization
• Work with ITS resources to create a prioritized list of initiatives
• Provide progress dashboards to Senior ITS Leadership
• Document and communicate risks, issues, mitigations and strategies
• Document current and facilitate a new data strategy
• Participate and guide the development of the enterprise Data Management Strategy future state roadmap
• Provide direction around the adoption of a future state around data housing and flows
• Recommend tools and processes required to implement the future state Data Management Strategy
• Initiate and participate in development projects, either migrating existing applications towards the cloud or creating new application from the ground up with the cloud in mind.
• Partner with development teams by providing project management guidance
• Responsible for finding the proper tools and implementing the processes that will help contribute to the overall data management strategy
• Design and implement solutions to provide continuous integration, deployment, and configuration management of internally or externally developed applications
• Develop and manage schedules, resource plans, procurement, project commissioning, and risk mitigation strategies
Relevant Experience (maximum 30 points)
The resource should demonstrate:
• 5+ years’ experience managing data management projects and initiatives
• Experience providing leadership and direction regarding data strategy and project management
• Experience with both Information Technology staff and with specific lines of business with developing requirements
• Deliver projects on time, within scope and budget while maintaining the highest quality delivery for our clients
• Help internal partners make informed decisions about the development of programs, products, and services. Work closely with team, project team members and stakeholders to ensure project success.
• Experience with auditing and testing a multitude of client systems; identifying & recommending platforms and services
• Presenting complex data ideas to technical and non-technical customer stakeholders at various levels in the organization, advising and managing expectations where required