Project Engineer- Nuclear power station project
Project Engineer- Electrical engineering – nuclear power station project
Full-time contract, Ontario
- Provide technical support and oversight during planning, development, execution, and commissioning of plant modifications.
- Responsible for delivering the overall technical scope of the project as identified in scope of work document.
- Be knowledgeable of the technical and quality requirements (ex. Pressure Boundary) and the regulatory codes and standards applicable to the discipline, used in the preparation and review of work procedures such as Work coordination plans, commissioning plans and reports. • Interface with internal contacts within PMC programs and site engineering, operations, maintenance departments etc. and support communications with external regulatory agencies, contract service providers, manufacturers, etc. in alignment with approved designs and supply chain processes.
- Where applicable, provide input as a mandatory stakeholder during conceptual phase of the project. • Review conceptual and preliminary Engineering reports for compliance to the overall technical scope of work, cost, and schedule. Request revisions as required. • Participate in design and construction vendor selection process. • Support Project Development Phase by reviews during 50% and 90% design package submissions from constructability and execution standpoint. Ensure that the design and construction margins are well understood. • Request constructability reviews for projects, as necessary. • Conduct and lead interactive planning sessions to discuss and resolve constructability/ field execution planning issues. • Prepare, review, or approve installation procedures, work coordination plans, test procedures and commissioning plans for successful implementation of the project.
- Provide technical assistance/guidance and field support to construction personnel or other clients related to the interpretation of design information, work method and constructability based on project requirements. • Provide engineering guidance and authority to progress work for all non-intent changes to the design package during installation and commissioning. • Lead technical troubleshooting for post installation issues related to commissioning. Use corrective action process to perform investigations (A3, EACE, RCI etc.) to avoid repeated occurrence. • Work with field engineering/ services to provide timely response to vendor requests via RFI process. • Participate in establishing and updating schedules for project engineering deliverables.
- Lead available for service (AFS) and project closeout activities. • Responsible for maintaining own qualification as per TQD, Training and qualification requirements.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by line management. Skills and Knowledge Requirements: • Requires knowledge of physics, chemistry, metallurgy, mathematics, electricity, engineering, and economics to technically understand the operation of the facility. • Requires strong technical writing skills for preparing specifications, work instructions, asset management documents, and planning documents. Must have a demonstrated ability to prepare clear and concise reports. Must be able to propose recommendations and resolution to technical issues both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interface effectively with Plant Operations, Plant Engineering, Maintenance, other technical staff, Regulators, and other stakeholders. Ability to interact positively with others by developing trust, mutual respect, and cooperative working relationships.
- Requires experience to solve problems, to provide advice and guidance, to initiate developmental studies and to make recommendations during the design, commissioning and operation of a nuclear facility; to evaluate components or materials, and to perform economic studies and evaluations associated with the design, commissioning and operation of a nuclear facility and at all times to work safely. Education and Experience Requirements:
- Completion of a 4-year University degree in Engineering
- Working towards registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) within the Province of Ontario
- A period of up to and including 6 years is considered necessary to gain this experience
- Must be able to obtain Federal security clearance
- Previous nuclear or Power experience is considered an asset.
Created 30 years ago and based in more than 25 countries, the Group has established itself as a world leader in Engineering and Technology Consulting.
With a financial turnover of more than 2.6 billion euros we currently have almost 37,200 employees.
We work with key actors in the Aeronautics & Space, Defence & Naval, Energy, Life Sciences sectors across North America.Postule pour ce poste