• Directing product development team activities in rigorous stage-tollgate product development environment
• Leading team in defining product specifications, Design Validation, Product & Process Qualification Design Freeze, Design Failure Modes and Effects analysis and Product plus Process Qualification.
• Prioritize and drive releases through design into production
• Accountability for program budgets & product launch timing
• Directing the attainment of product development deliverables using a Design for Six Sigma Quality Deployment' tool set
• Working with commercial team to Interface with customers in obtaining Voice of the Customer input
• Working with Quality, Manufacturing and Sourcing Teams to interface with suppliers as necessary
Qualifications / Requirements:
• Bachelor Degree in a related discipline: Program or Project Management, Eng. Management, Mech. Eng., Electrical Eng., System Eng.
• Broad knowledgebase in high technology environment
• Product development-experience is a must
• Minimum of 4 years of related product development experience in related discipline beyond Bachelor degree
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to quickly drive issues to resolution
• Strong, broad technical knowledgebase in multiple disciplines
• Proven leadership success in driving changes and managing programs through to completion in a timely manner, with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated ability to drive cross functional team work and results
• High say/do ratio
• Bilingual (French & English)
• Member of the “Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec”
• Experience working with cross functional teams.
• Comfortable in an international environment.
• Comfortable working with a team not physically located on site.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• New product design leadership experience.
• Six Sigma Green Belt certified is a plus.
• Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision making.