North York, Ontario
Operational Manager, Manufacturing Excellence / Sr. OE six sigma black belt – GMP environments
Operational Manager, Manufacturing Excellence
Manufacturing Excellence Six-Sigma Black Belt – GMP environments
Must be a Sr. OE six sigma black belt.
– Must be a Sr. OE six sigma black belt.
Category: Senior Project Manager III
Category: Senior Project Manager III
Operational Manager, Manufacturing Excellence will serve as the key organizational leader Toronto Site’s (pharmaceutical manufacturing) continuous improvement program and will be accountable for delivering transformational change leadership that will focus on enabling the workforce to achieve improvements. The Manager will be responsible for developing and executing company strategies to eliminate waste in cross-functional business processes with a standardized approach towards problem solving. This position partners with the company’s global and site leadership to define and prioritize process improvement opportunities related to design and implementation of innovative process changes.
The Manager will be responsible for deploying business performance standards and ensuring the company’s Manufacturing System (SMS) is actively adopted in all manufacturing facilities. This role will mentor others throughout the organization in Lean continuous improvement philosophy and certify Lean Green Belts to accelerate the cultural shift that will streamline processes at all levels of the business.
Strategy Development and Cascading
• Create annual MTEC strategy Products and Processes for the executive team and cascade priorities to the site manufacturing facilities and shared services.
• Drive the maturity and development of leaders, Lean practitioners and the workforce relative to the company’s Manufacturing System (SMS).
Drive a culture of performance by establishing the right KPIs and reinforcing accountability
• Using a strong knowledge of Lean and Six-sigma principles to drive a robust safety, quality and delivery culture throughout the organization
• Instill a continuous improvement mindset throughout the organization with a standardized approach towards using SMS standards
• Work with business leaders to identify process gaps that will be captured in continuous improvement plans and facilitated by the continuous improvement teams for impactful results
• Facilitate Kaizen, Workshops events for processes that have a cross-functional impact to eliminate waste, reduce cycle time and improve business performance while establishing a sustainable model for continuous improvement
• Develop, maintain and deploy SMS tools, methodologies, standards and processes utilizing customer demand operating principles across the enterprise through focused training programs
• Develop and implement training strategy that will optimize lean processes, practices, policies, standards and metrics that meet or exceed company business objectives
• Develop new programs that support the SMS operating system based on site priorities and the global best in class ambition
Mentor Platform and Support Function Leaders on Continuous Improvement Principles
• Support and develop the team talent, capabilities and results
• Mentor and coach teams in a manner that ensures compliance with standard work as well as motivates improvement strategies
• Builds skills and train the organization for change in culture
• Drive cross functional collaboration and skills in direct support of SMS principles
Scope and dimensions
Breadth of responsibility (global/regional/country/site):
• Culturally driving discipline to business process, LEAD competencies and Standard Operating Practices to instill the right industrial mindset
• Conflict resolution in group dynamics
• Project constraints (time, cost, scope, & quality), conflicting priorities and risk are the key areas that are managed in order to achieve project success.
• The position will have a site wide responsibility of process improvements across multiple manufacturing facilities and the numerous internal customer interfaces.
• The position will need to be able to mentor and influence upper management at the Global and Site level.
• The position will lead transformational improvement initiatives that involve cross functional teams and will be responsible for managing team dynamics and project progress.
• The incumbent will need to lead, facilitate and participate on teams and projects with site, regional and global scope. Challenges faced will be obtaining buy-in and consensus among the various stakeholders at all levels in the organization. Building bridges and reducing barriers between functions and teams will be a challenge to overcome.
• Key issues to address are enhancing the business value of tools and systems used by the business and challenging the entire organization to move towards value added, integrated and enterprise wide solutions. Confronting current paradigms for both business processes and the tools and systems used will be a challenge to overcome.
• Shaping and driving a holistic approach to resolving business issues and needs will be required to bring new processes and concepts into the organization that provide added value to customers (internal and external). The challenges faced will include encouraging adoption of new technology and processes
Freedom to act, level of autonomy: Position has a high degree of autonomy and is expected to make decisions and interpretations within broadly defined requirements.
Education and experience
• BS in Business (Operations), Science, Engineering
• 10-15 years of senior level manufacturing experience with a good understanding of overall business operations knowledge, change leadership and GMP environments
• Operational Excellence Certification – Six Sigma Black Belt and Design For Six Sigma
• 5-10 years’ experience executing transformational change to business processes
Key technical competencies and soft skills:
Experienced in staff management and coaching
Excellent oral and written communication skills and competent presentation skills a must.
This is an Operational Excellence Six-Sigma Black Belt- please see attachment. Must be a Sr. OE six sigma black belt.
DESIGN FOR SIX SIGMA