Mechanical Drafter – AutoCAD – Level 1
Mechanical Drafters – AutoCAD – Level 1
Client Sector: Renewable Energy
Positions available: 3
Target Start: March 22, 2019
Must have AutoCAD experience
Must have Mechanical Drafting experience – level I roles – working in a team of drafters responsible for reviewing and correcting drawings.
Must be bilingual and able to work in a French work environment.
Designer Drafter I is responsible for providing mechanical or electromechanical designs for new or existing products within a business segment. They may work independently or in conjunction with Engineers. Designers make required calculations to establish acceptable standards of performance, material component selection, and type of construction. Work from specifications as to product requirements. May follow up construction and testing of prototypes, assisting with analyzing results and corrective redesign as required. Designers are expected to provide design solutions that meet standards for reliability, performance, cost, serviceability, and program delivery targets.
Key responsibilities essential functions include:
Produce drawings, layouts, and or diagrams from sketches, existing drawings, electronic images, design concepts and or verbal instructions
Work with Engineers to capture and produce a design that captures all product requirements for either new or existing products
Use computer assisted design drafting equipment and software to develop designs
Establish design standards, procedures and techniques to produce high reliability products (such as Design for Manufacturability and Design for Testability)
Verify that all drawings convey accurate information
Ensure all necessary documentation is complete such as engineering prints, bills of materials, and related product specifications to allow successful transfer to manufacturing
Perform schematic capture duties such as maintenance of parts libraries and updating schematics or drawings in an organized and timely manner
Work directly with different business functions and team members to meet serviceability, functional and manufacturability requirements
Coordinate procurement of prototype material as well as oversee the build and verification of design
May work on design projects that reduce the cost of the product, as well as, designing necessary equipment or fixtures that are needed during the new product development cycle or with installed base products
1. Associates Degree in Electronics, a technical degree from a recognized CAD training facility, or minimum of 2 years of design or drafting experience while possessing a high school degree equivalent
2. Demonstrated ability to design conceptual models by using computer assisted design drafting equipment and software, as well as being able to perform design analysis
3. Ability to receive and transmit drawings electronically
4. Demonstrated computer skill in both Microsoft Office and with Computer Assisted Design software and equipment.
5. Demonstrated experience in gathering and defining customer requirements
6. Minimum one year of experience developing project plans and estimates and working with engineering teams
7. Excellent problem solving abilities using analytical skills
8. Takes initiative to contribute in design review meetings
9. Ability to work with mathematical concepts and use available technology to ensure accurate calculations
10. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills for presenting, discussing, and documenting technical information.
11. Ability to communicate using local language (French)
12. Experience working with cross functional teams
13. Ability to meet reliability, performance, cost, serviceability, and delivery targets
14. If needed, interact with vendors and customers on engineering design issues
15. Knowledge of Autocad 2012 or more recent
16. Bilingual : French & English