Material Handler (831860) Oakville
- Logistics team is looking for a strong candidate for the day to day warehouse operations for the Chemical and Monitoring Solutions group in Canada.
The successful candidate will work directly with the Warehouse Team Lead, Canadian Logistics Operations Leader, CSC, Global Supply Chain, along with the extended NAM Logistics team.
This is a fast-paced job with many variables in which you will be constantly reviewing and working with senior (internal/external) Logistics team.
• Execute the receiving, storing, picking, staging and distribution of materials required for assembly manufacture of product.
• Perform physical movement of materials from one area to another using handcarts or fork lifts
• Picks parts products for shipments ensuring accuracy of identification and quantity
• Physically and systemically receive issue individual material requisitions from internal and external departments
• Create and or maintain transactional inventory records
• Maintain accurate files of packing and shipping activity Communicate notify appropriate personnel of shipping inventory discrepancies
• Fill kits and deliver to production as required Maintain stocking inventory objectives
• Quantifies and verifies cycle count
• May assist in training new hires
• Comply with EHS & Quality System regulations and policies
• Perform other duties and or special projects as assigned
**Forklift license is mandatory with minimum 3-5 years of working experience in chemical industry using Counterbalance.**
**Focus is on Chemical material handling and safe forklift driving**
• High school Diploma or local equivalent
• TDG Certification Preferred
• 3-5 years’ experience in storing and material handling
• Demonstrate ability to read, write and speak in local language
• Proficient in basic mathematics
• Ability to communicate well and work with others
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced and challenging environment
• Ability to consistently lift
• Skilled in forklift driving to pick up totes, drums and pails.
• SAP Experience
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Strong result-oriented mindset with teamwork spirit, willing to listen and learn the details
• Ability to utilize automated lifting equipment
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Advance computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint