Automation Quality Engineer
Location: Lachine, QC
Technology: Embedded Software. Software connected to controllable LED lighting and sensors to the "internet of things"
SKILLS: Linix, scripting Python and Shell
ASSET: Robot framework
DB: MySQL and PostgreSQL
As a Lead Software Test Engineer, you will:
• Analyze design requirements to develop and implement automated tools to ensure implementation meets design objectives.
• Maintain and develop new Python test scripts for testing hardware and software and integrate these scripts into existing Robot test Framework.
• Be responsible for the quality, test plans, and test execution for multiple software modules connected in a control system
• Understand current system, diagnose areas of weakness in the test system, propose and develop improvement plans.
• Working in Agile, provide real time feedback to software development team for quick resolution and system improvements.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, with at least 8 years of experience.
• Very good Linux user working experience.
• Very good knowledge of Python programming language. Experience with other OOP languages like Java is an asset.
• Excellent communication and analytic skills.
• Energetic, self-learner and self-motivated with the ability to quickly embrace and understand new technologies.
• Networked solutions experience with strong knowledge of UDP, TCP and IP v4/6 specifications.
• Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited, reference verification and background check.
• Must have unrestricted Canadian work authorization.
• Experience with test instruments, network protocols, RF technologies like point to multipoint systems would be a great asset.
• Experience in testing web services (Throughput, Performance under Load, etc.) would be an asset.
A bit about our client:
* Our client is dedicated to advancing the industrial internet vision through superior engineering, intelligent devices design and bold innovation. They've combined embedded systems industry knowledge, brand recognition and the global reach of their global organization with their electronics and software design expertise to change the world of the industrial internet.
Proex Inc., An Alten Group Company (30+K Engineers worldwide) is an engineering and IT consulting services firm that supports the development strategy of its customers in the fields of innovation, R&D and technological information systems.