HRMS Training Developer / Trainer
Job Description -Training Developer/Training
Client: Humber College – North Campus
Toronto, ON M9W 5L7
Contract – 5 months
INTRODUCTION: Humber College HR Department is in the process of implementing a new fully integrated HR system – Oracle HCM Cloud and Taleo.
Humber requires the temporary services (5 month contract) of a Training Develop/Trainer who will support the execution of the comprehensive training strategy and plan as it relates to the implementation of the new HRMS.
This opportunity is for a person who has worked on large-scale IT project teams – Functional experience in HR (hire to retire) and HRMS software experience is KEY. Experience working on Oracle HCM and/or Taleo training software/ projects would be of special interest and a great asset, but not necessary.
HRMS Training Development and Delivery (85% work activity) allocated time per week.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Work with Training Lead to support the delivery of training as outlined in the Training Strategy/Plan and the various components including but not limited to:
• Course Curriculum
• Course Outlines
• Module Development
• Course Materials including: Job Aids; Online Content; Quick Reference Guides; and any other relevant Course Material
Assist with Delivering and facilitation of Training, including the following responsibilities:
• Assist with scheduling and participant registration.
• Deliver/Facilitate Train the Trainer & End User Training.
• Evaluate, measure effectiveness and improve Training outcomes.
• Provide training industry best practices in the development of training material, content and delivery.
• Support the execution of the training plan, working with project team resources and business stakeholders.
• Utilize multiple methods of training, inclusive of train the trainer method.
• Work with Training Lead and Project Team to build curriculum, and prepare for training deliver.
• Plan, track, and report on training development activities to Training Lead.
• Work collaboratively with Training Lead to develop trainingmaterials/documentation including outlines and end-user materials including but not limited to self-service, and train the trainer training.
• Execute and monitor training progress in order to update materials and make changes to support future training.
• Report on Oracle HCM Cloud and Taleo end user training program, if required.
• Raise and resolve issues that pertain to end user training program, if required.
HRMS PMO Team participation and communications (5% work activity)
Being well-versed and experienced with using Agile/Scrum project methodology and collaborate on reporting status, risks and issues/resolution. Using Humber’s standards and tools to deliver the required artifacts, estimate the project work efforts/time for training material development, and external dependencies for the completion of tasks/deliverables.
Communicate risk providing feedback to project team members with the required level of urgency.
HRMS Change Processes (10% work activity)
Support the HRMS business and change process by supporting and/or actively engaging in Change Management activities as required.
Work closely and collaboratively with the Training Lead and Change Team to plan and develop training content, gaining insight and readiness data from the TrainingLead and Change Team to inform training material design and delivery.
Report issues of readiness and adoption to the Training Lead change team when encountered.
• Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design and related IT fields and/or equivalent work experience.
• 5 – 10 years of training development for medium to large scale enterprise projects with at least 3-5 years proven track record in training development, training delivery, knowledge transfer experience with leadership role in HR portfolio projects.
• Teaching and facilitation skills
• Ability to assess training needs and objectives
• Higher education and/or public sector experience would be considered an asset.
• Must have HR functional knowledge, and understanding of the overall Human Resource cycle from hire to retire.
• Strong analytical, organizational, communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer services skills.
• To adapt to a rapidly changing environment, execute many complex task simultaneously
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community