Embedded Software Developer – Mission-Critical Systems
Embedded Software Developer
Mission-critical & multi-platform herterogeneous systems
Key Job Functions:
Understands & follows the company’s processes & procedures for developing mission critical software
Develops of Software Component Specifications and creates traceability to higher layer requirements
Reviews component tests developed against software component specifications
- The successful candidate should possess an Electrical or Computer Engineering degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years of working experience in software development in C
- Command of the scripting languages, preferably Python
- Experience with black box and white box testing and continuous integration frameworks
- Familiar with source control tools (git, Clearcase, etc)
- Excellent analytical skills, able to diagnose issues based on field logs & correlate events to failures
- Strong technical writing & communication skills
- Excellent team collaboration skills, writing & verbal skills
- Experience working in the full SDLC – this role will involve writing specifications.
- Experience working in embedded systems where the safety of a system is a key component of the design (i.e. Rail, Aerospace, Defence, Automotive systems – i.e where the systems design is safety).
- VectorCAST/C++ – asset
- Familiar with agile work environments, test-driven development, & continuous integration
- Working knowledge of modern software engineering practices, methods & tools
- Experience with large mission-critical & multi-platform herterogeneous systems