Embedded Software Developer / Software Requirements Engineer – Safety-Critical Systems
Embedded Software Engineer / Software Requirements Engineer / Embedded Software Developer
Safety-critical Systems – Multi-platform heterogeneous systems
Toronto, ON – (Will work mostly remote during Covid)
Strong Embedded C Software development skills
Experience writing Software Requirements Specifications (experience using DOORS for Requirements Management will be a strong asset).
Experience developing software in Safety-Critical Systems environments, i.e. Transportation, Rail, Automotive, Aerospace, Medical Device, etc.
Key Job Functions:
Understands & follows the company’s processes & procedures for developing mission critical software.
Develop/ write Software Component Specifications and creates traceability to higher layer requirements.
Reviews component tests developed against software component specifications
• The successful candidate should possess an Electrical or Computer Engineering degree or equivalent.
• 5+ years of working experience in software development in C
• Experience working in the full SDLC
• Experience writing Software Requirements Specifications.
• Experience working in embedded systems where the safety of a system is a key component of the design (i.e. Rail, Aerospace, Defense, Automotive systems – i.e where the systems design is safety) is a strong asset.
• Excellent analytical skills, able to diagnose issues based on field logs & correlate events to failures
• Strong technical writing & communication skills
• Excellent team collaboration skills, writing & verbal skills
Strongly Desirable Skills:
• experience with DOORS will be a strong asset.
• experience working on Code Refactoring projects, i.e. reviewing embedded C code, analyzing and writing software specifications for code re-write projects will be a strong asset.
• Working knowledge of modern software engineering practices, methods & tools
• Experience with large mission-critical & multi-platform heterogeneous systems an asset
Additional assets may include:
• Familiar with agile work environments, test-driven development, & continuous integration
• Command of the scripting languages, preferably Python
• Experience with black box and white box testing and continuous integration frameworks
• Familiar with source control tools (git, Clearcase, etc)
ALTEN PROEX (Engineering and Technology Consulting Services)
Within 30 years, ALTEN has become leader in R&D, Engineering, Information Technology Services, Life Sciences and Network Services with 37,000 consultants working in more than 20 countries. Our consultants carry out complex and highly technical projects throughout the value chain of the most prestigious companies in all sectors of industry and services including Information Systems , IT Automation, Telecommunications, Manufacturing, Life Sciences, Energy, Automotive, Rail and Transportation, Aerospace and Defense, and more.