Database developer – TSQL, SQL Server (Legacy Database Migration project)
(unless willing to relocate at own expense)
AKA JOB TITLE: Software Engineer (Transmission Product Line)
The software engineer is responsible for migration of legacy SQL database to a newer version and will upgrade associated tools infrastructure. The Software Engineer will report to the Software Manager.
In this role, you will:
• Work with the team to identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
• Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
• Independently able to design and implement a complex process with minimum supervision
• Demonstrate the ability to make informed design choices after due diligence and impact assessment
• Define implementation milestones as well as a testing process to prove that the milestones have been successfully reached.
• Unit test the implementation in detail and to the highest quality by also utilizing the tools currently used by the team for firmware design and production.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering. Minimum of 7 years database development experience
• In-depth knowledge of TSQL, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and Microsoft SQL Server 2016 and the differences between these two platforms
• Experience in developing applications using Visual Studio, C++ and Visual Basic
• Working knowledge of .Net, ASP and Java Script will be an advantage.