Commissioning & Quality Manager
Commissioning and Quality Manager
7 months to start
Greater Toronto Area
Role and Responsibilities :
- Ensure all work is completed as per the Issued for Construction Drawings and the Organization Standards and applicable codes.
- Ensure all QC sheets and commissioning documents are submitted by contractors and reviewed by you and signed off by our client's PM.
- Coordinate the commissioning of all third-party equipment including racking tracking systems and monitoring systems with the manufacturers, contractors and the Organization’s Asset Management department.
- Work with the project managers and contractors to close punch lists.
- Insure the handover of clean and perfectly operating projects from Operations to Asset Management.
- Perform QC inspections on under-construction projects from time to time and as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & KEY COMPETENCIES
- Ability to handle multiple projects and support multiple stakeholders’ needs with attention to detail and minimal supervision is essential
- Ability to work outside of standard business hours if required.
- Strong understanding of electrical theory and the Ontario Electrical Safety Code.
- Must comprehend and practice safe work procedures as outlined in company safety policy
- Strong listening, negotiating and people skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail and results-oriented with an ability to work in a cross-functional, fast paced and constantly evolving environment as well as extended hours, as required
- Ability to evaluate and then master new software.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- College level degree in Electrical Engineering or related field of study
- Previous experience working in the construction and/or Solar industry, particularly solar field work would be a strong asset
- Driver’s license required and the ability to travel to job sites